£600 PC Build

8enjicraf2
Go to solution Solved by Matias_Chambers,

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pbRspb
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pbRspb/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.36 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-D Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£45.44 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£34.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  (£237.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: BitFenix Neos ATX Mid Tower Case  (£28.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £634.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-21 19:56 BST+0100

Hey Guys, I have forgotten a lot about PC's since I have moved on to other hobby's. My mate asked me to build him a PC (which I still remember how to do) so I need some parts for it,

Please could you help me with a parts list for around £600 that is going to be used mainly for gaming

Parts must be from overclockers.co.uk

Thanks!

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Why only overclockers.co.uk?

Because it is down the road and if something is broken I can just drive down. Happened when my other friends GPU was DOA

Dark Theme, GG

i had a look around, you could get some pretty nice bundles but they also had one that REALLY peeked my intrest, a I5 6400 OVERCLOCKED to 4.4Ghzm, they claim to have overclocked a LOCKED CPU....

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i had a look around, you could get some pretty nice bundles but they also had one that REALLY peeked my intrest, a I5 6400 OVERCLOCKED to 4.4Ghzm, they claim to have overclocked a LOCKED CPU....

Thanks! I'll take a look at them.

Dark Theme, GG

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its completely doable.

Just now, Zyndo said:

its completely doable.

baseclock is the only thing i can think of, and why would they sell something thats overclocked in a way that can really mess with your shit? it would be an amazing deal if its good but still

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

baseclock is the only thing i can think of, and why would they sell something thats overclocked in a way that can really mess with your shit? it would be an amazing deal if its good but still

it COULD really mess with your shit. but when done properly it won't mess with your shit. I am going to assume they are doing it properly if they are selling it, as if its not done right its just going to be a pain in the ass to customer service that shit. And they would sell it because it makes their product a better deal/a higher profit margin, or whatever other reason they choose to sell it for.

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

it COULD really mess with your shit. but when done properly it won't mess with your shit. I am going to assume they are doing it properly if they are selling it, as if its not done right its just going to be a pain in the ass to customer service that shit. And they would sell it because it makes their product a better deal/a higher profit margin, or whatever other reason they choose to sell it for.

true but they would need to do quite a bit of verrifying if they used baseclock overclocking

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

true but they would need to do quite a bit of verrifying if they used baseclock overclocking

or they know what that particular chip is capable of regardless of your silicon lottery. they figure out something that will work across all chips and then do that.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pbRspb
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pbRspb/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£164.36 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-D Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£45.44 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£34.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  (£237.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: BitFenix Neos ATX Mid Tower Case  (£28.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £634.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-21 19:56 BST+0100