Delivery Fails Mobo edition

I've been building a custom PC and bought some portion of it from a friend who built something similar. During the delivery we did not place something on the inside of the case, a Corsair Air 540, to hold the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO's in place... From what I can tell, it was bumped around quite a bit during the delivery. I'm not too sure if the mobo has other damages yet but the main issue right now is this... please bare with me.

The CPU Heatsink's bracer screws have stripped the mobo holes. I've asked a few friends what I should do about it. Some said solder it down or to use Plumbers Pudding-- totally something I don't want to do as I believe it would not be totally stable... and it would get messy. Another friend explained that I could get some screws for the hole that are longer and get a washer to put on the other side to hold it in. That seems like the best bet for my issue...

I'm not sure about the mobo's model name but I don't think that is important, the screws that hold stuff like that down for computers is pretty generic standard size right?

Anyways, could you excellent people suggest a way to fix my problem? I can provide pictures of the mobo and total build as well.

As for the big question... I'm not sure where to look online for the screws I would need. I'm not sure what keywords would work best for my situation.

3 minutes ago, SageKri said:

I've been building a custom PC and bought some portion of it from a friend who built something similar. During the delivery we did not place something on the inside of the case, a Corsair Air 540, to hold the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO's in place... From what I can tell, it was bumped around quite a bit during the delivery. I'm not too sure if the mobo has other damages yet but the main issue right now is this... please bare with me.

The CPU Heatsink's bracer screws have stripped the mobo holes. I've asked a few friends what I should do about it. Some said solder it down or to use Plumbers Pudding-- totally something I don't want to do as I believe it would not be totally stable... and it would get messy. Another friend explained that I could get some screws for the hole that are longer and get a washer to put on the other side to hold it in. That seems like the best bet for my issue...

I'm not sure about the mobo's model name but I don't think that is important, the screws that hold stuff like that down for computers is pretty generic standard size right?

Anyways, could you excellent people suggest a way to fix my problem? I can provide pictures of the mobo and total build as well.

As for the big question... I'm not sure where to look online for the screws I would need. I'm not sure what keywords would work best for my situation.

The motherboard doesn't have threads for the CPU cooler screws. It needs a backplate.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

2 minutes ago, SageKri said:

You'd be better off going to your local hardware store to find the screws you need - unless you know the exact screw type and measurement, finding them online is going to be nigh impossible, as ordering the wrong thing is very easy.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

RMA that shit for damage under transportation. 

what? xD

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

You'd be better off going to your local hardware store to find the screws you need - unless you know the exact screw type and measurement, finding them online is going to be nigh impossible, as ordering the wrong thing is very easy.

I went to a computer repair shop and they suggested I just ordered the screws online... Think Home Depot would carry something small enough to fit into a mobo then?

what? xD

I went to a computer repair shop and they suggested I just ordered the screws online... Think Home Depot would carry something small enough to fit into a mobo then?

Yeah home depot would, it is most likely a metric screw like 6-32 machine screw or something like that.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

7 minutes ago, SageKri said:

what? xD

Yeah as @SLAYR says, Home Depot will most likely carry the screw you need. They carry just about every standard screw in existence. There's nothing special about the screw for motherboards - they're just regular Metric screws with Philips heads. If you have an example screw, you'll want to bring that with you to match up in-store.

3 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Yeah home depot would, it is most likely a metric screw like 6-32 machine screw or something like that.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah as @SLAYR says, Home Depot will most likely carry the screw you need. They carry just about every standard screw in existence. There's nothing special about the screw for motherboards - they're just regular Metric screws with Philips heads. If you have an example screw, you'll want to bring that with you to match up in-store.

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Thanks guys, I'll try that.

welp.... Home Depot does not carry that type of screw.....
So should I use some sort of glue? Loc tite? <_<;;;;;; this is really driving me nuts guys :(

welp.... Home Depot does not carry that type of screw.....
So should I use some sort of glue? Loc tite? <_<;;;;;; this is really driving me nuts guys :(

Locktight would work probably.