GTX 660 ti vs 1060

CostcoSamples

I saw this short video on WCCFtech and thought it was interesting:

So the 1060 is roughly double the frame rate of the 660 ti.  That is impressive.  It is enough incentive for anyone still using a 660 ti to upgrade to the 1060.  It also makes me wonder, if AMD were to go bankrupt, would Nvidia slow down their R&D?  Perhaps, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.  They need to make their old products obsolete by constantly making better ones or their revenue would start to decline.

Anyway, it's a very exciting time to be alive!  So much amazing stuff being developed by smart people!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

7 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

I saw this short video on WCCFtech and thought it was interesting:

So the 1060 is roughly double the frame rate of the 660 ti.  That is impressive.  It is enough incentive for anyone still using a 660 ti to upgrade to the 1060.  It also makes me wonder, if AMD were to go bankrupt, would Nvidia slow down their R&D?  Perhaps, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.  They need to make their old products obsolete by constantly making better ones or their revenue would start to decline.

Anyway, it's a very exciting time to be alive!  So much amazing stuff being developed by smart people!

thats exactly what is happening to intel currently which is why they just downsized their cpu department

anyone with an older graphics card (like 2 or more generations)  should upgrade to pascal. The 1060 is the sweet spot for gaming right now.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

10 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

anyone with an older graphics card (like 2 or more generations)  should upgrade to pascal. The 1060 is the sweet spot for gaming right now.

depends on resolution, if you are playing on 1440p then 1060 isnt the sweet spot, for 1080p though yes :)

for me the current sweet sweet sweet spot of gaming is having a 1440p monitor and a gtx 1070, but obviously it comes with a price :)

1 hour ago, SpotlessGregYT said:

depends on resolution, if you are playing on 1440p then 1060 isnt the sweet spot, for 1080p though yes :)

for me the current sweet sweet sweet spot of gaming is having a 1440p monitor and a gtx 1070, but obviously it comes with a price :)

I agree, the 1070 is awesome for 1440p gaming.  Even at high refresh rate it does OK at 1440p.  I have a 165hz 1440p display and I do wish I had more GPU power to take full advantage of the display in very demanding games.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build