Project Forged: Handforged computercase

Herman9k
1 hour ago, Jetfighter808 said:

Try using 

I just got that message now :/ 

I would use the built in system, but my pics are too large and there is a whole lot of them. Guess i have too find a new image host.

• 2 weeks later...

Five days left until judgement day! Assembly is done, now I only have to direct it -.- Gigabyte amazingly agreed to send me a motherboard! Thats a huge wind in the sails, but more on components on a later day! I am super-tired, so here are a million pictures of what ive done since my last update!

6H8Ddhx.jpg
kLPBxJc.jpg
dbEtIYB.jpg
eTi3QmI.jpg
WbdApk9.jpg
i2ZEDqh.jpg
6qDxbjV.jpg
FIm7iBA.jpg
T1W4B31.jpg
c5whEBe.jpg
xYSDnjM.jpg
yMgcAic.jpg
g84H8zJ.jpg
wVlFH82.jpg
b40OfZ2.jpg
tOQgrRS.jpg
Xl6UVkk.jpg
SVo6zH1.jpg
emgSrhY.jpg
boxKn4s.jpg
HFV8Lmz.jpg
TyvZkn0.jpg
rmDh2ZH.jpg
2q9DJo5.jpg
LTGkAdV.jpg
pWjZeyk.jpg
DRLsJ8r.jpg
R8qh5Va.jpg
R8qh5Va.jpg
ULRuMf4.jpg
O9IS3u8.jpg
V6bl6Eb.jpg
9iV8dxZ.jpg
wuRW3EI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I have but one upvote to give per post, but I would give more if I could!

Well, at least not without gaming the system, but our overlords would probably revoke my database privileges for such shenanigans. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-11-17 at 4:55 AM, DieHörnær said:

This is bloody fantastic!

Can't wait to see this all finished up, hope you got your Journeyman-letter and some sleep hahaa!

How much will the whole thing weigh when complete?

Best of luck mate!

It will probably weigh less then my current Fractal Design R3 actually. Its a lot lighter then most people think, although its not like you can juggle it. Unless you're pascha.

On 2016-11-17 at 5:22 AM, sl06bhytmar said:

Home made flush riveting, now I have seen that also.

Take my plus

Flush riveting is actually pretty simple compared to "round headed"-riveting. You can do it cold, thats the best part. If you use actual rivets, the steel is super malluable. I believe it contains a little bit of led for this to be achieved.

Im terrible sorry about not updating in so long, my psyche needed a break after the examination! I passed with good margin and can now call myself a Journeyman! I am probably the first journeyman that keeps working on his test after already passed, but you do what you have to do! Down below i will post what happened right up to the examination, as well as what i've been doing since. In Project Forged [Beta] i used whatever parts i could afford/ had at my disposal:

Motherboard:Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH [Sponsored!]
CPU: Intel 6700k
RAM:Kingston HyperX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666Mhz CL15 Fury Black
PSU: My old Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver Modulär
GPU: My old EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler
Watercooling: Radiator, EK-CoolStream RAD SE (360) Slim Triple, Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, Reservoar, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM with pump

nrQ0IYJ.jpg
Directing will never end.
dpaRhdD.jpg
5pUZauC.jpg
JjP9oyF.jpg

Washing away the discoloration from the acetylene with methylated spirits, then applying a thin layer of linseed-oil and terpentine to finish it off.
HKoH7KO.jpg
0FtYTXm.jpg
2rD35zH.jpg

D-day, ready for examination! I got a 3.73 out of 5.0, 3.0 is passed. I would have been pleased with 3.0.
W6REzg6.jpg

SPONSORSHIP! WOHOO! Gigabyte sent me a motherboard, which is more awesome considering i have no previous projects to show!
qM3OI56.jpg

Its even the right color, best looking motherboard i've ever owned, without a doubt.
zS5XN7l.jpg

Startbutton is nice when you havent got anything else :P
nGitgRy.jpg
CyqNef6.jpg
LElCqSz.jpg

Not sure if i like the diods on the back or not, but hopefully they can be turned of, so i can try it without.
6C0nQgk.jpg

Yep, thats a bent motherboard, more directing required.
6C0fEOt.jpg

Old gigabyte 570 as template, this is not straight either.
tBRUIw5.jpg

Organ-donor.
YIIc67n.jpg

Pretty nervously i began building. I got all the parts the day before the case was gonna be displayed and i have never built a watercooled system. My goal was simply to get it to work for the exhibit, for anyone wondering what the hell it is :P
p2Aav4A.jpg

Already a problem, my design is faulty and need new holes for the radiator, 4 straps got the job done.
uUoiriG.jpg
dEnPDF1.jpg
R3IykNx.jpg
bjr4SY5.jpg

I gave up trying to make it perfect, i had no time and no parts for the perfect finish, the result is reeeeeally bad.
LvTSFk0.jpg
e807Z6Y.jpg
DrBWw8A.jpg

To further f*ck up my day, the glass was cut wrong, resulting in only one plane of glass fitting at the exhibit.
czTuJi1.jpg
lXKdRKI.jpg
6og71sh.jpg
ZJEm5yF.jpg
LRgsbiB.jpg
uMHIIAL.jpg
ORcvLsn.jpg
BKEeMXa.jpg
x6KM4UT.jpg
xXQvWwq.jpg
psajHtn.jpg
GlFhrVF.jpg
AO3r70l.jpg
U3Iogvq.jpg
Dk1ilkF.jpg
b8qd7Un.jpg
wpTWyzU.jpg

This is probably my last update for a couple of months, I need money for parts before i can finish the build. The case was stripped right away when i brought it home. Hopefully Project Forged will be back in march, in perfect shape! Thank you all so much for your interest and nice comments, they really helped a lot during my hard work in the smithy!

Until next time, Peace out.

Edited by Herman9k
Not a lot of people can read the swedish i had in there.

awesome! 

Looks amazing, great job! The only thing I'd change is put colour in the coolant, even if it's just plain black or white.

What was the reasoning behind the 3.73? What did you get points deducted for?

A hand forged pc case?  This looks seriously amazing and is incredibly unique!  Nice work and I hope to see more in the future!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

This is looking more kick ass every time. Too bad you have to stop for a long while, but I'll keep a look out for updates!

11 hours ago, iFreilicht said:

Looks amazing, great job! The only thing I'd change is put colour in the coolant, even if it's just plain black or white.

What was the reasoning behind the 3.73? What did you get points deducted for?

Yes, i agree the water needs some color, not sure which direction i will take it yet though :P

the scoring is done by scoring individual techniques (like wielding for example) and then adding the scores together, lastly dividing by the number of techniques. I had a total of 30 techniques in my design, where the only failing grade was my wield with a 2.5, mainly because the wield cracked while directing and it was pretty lost from there. Then there are silly rules like; machine worked parts like drilling, milling and such is an automatic 3.0 for reasons i dont understand,but it obviously reduces the endscore A LOT, and you actualy HAVE TO HAVE some of these techniques. On my blacksmithing techniques i basically had 4's and 4.5 across the board. not sure if this made any sense, i tried though:P

Nice, that must of took some planning for the motherboard mounts. Did use drawing or did you spot through an old motherboard?

Congratulation! Great outcome.

But for people with only 10 MBit/s internet it's a bit of a pain to laod all pictures. But don't worry, high qulaity pictures are always good.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

On 2016-12-03 at 4:34 PM, Stefan1024 said:

Congratulation! Great outcome.

But for people with only 10 MBit/s internet it's a bit of a pain to laod all pictures. But don't worry, high qulaity pictures are always good.

I think i will make spoilers with like 10 pics each next time i update, i just didnt have the energy during this whole ordeal :P