Best GPU that will run Batman Arkham Knight at 60 FPS full hd?

Cor
2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It is a good card, though there are quite a few games that it can't max at 1080p and get 60 FPS, or a constant 60 FPS (Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate, The Division, Crysis 3, Witcher 3, Far Cry Primal, Rise of the Tomb Raider).

Well you said you want the cheapest possible. If you want around 10-15% better than the RX480 there is the GTX 1060. Or you could buy the RX480 and lower some settings like shadows.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

1 minute ago, kosamchetoo said:

Well you said you want the cheapest possible. If you want around 10-15% better than the RX480 there is the GTX 1060. Or you could buy the RX480 and lower some settings like shadows.

Turning down settings is good control to have... user choice is awesome.

1920x1080p Maximum Details -Minus NVSmoke = 55-70fps

2880x1620p High Details -Minus All Nvidia things & normal shadow maps = 35-45fps

The game plays great either way.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

4 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Both yes and now. It's better but still crap.

25 minutes ago, DXMember said:

doesn't support SLI

and the game runs acceptable only on Titan X with SSD and 6700K

37 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Who are you talking to? Helping me with what? I'm going to assume you thought I was the OP? Even then, this guy is a known troll who can't tell the truth to save his life. He doesn't have a friend with a 480 and all he does is spout talking points from the minutes of the Nvidia shills meeting including making shit up. Go to techpowerup and look at the review of the Rx 480 where this game was tested. Scroll up and read @Morgan MLGman's post of how it runs on his 290x.

46 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Umm... He was HELPING YOU.... The whole point Your even here on this forum asking this question... is to get answers, and he provides a pretty simple enough answer to judge performance basics from... and you say "STFU"...

You don't HAVE to use gameworks, and it runs fine on many systems, with or without gameworks,

But you DO seriously need BRUTE FORCE GPU power for the constant 60fps @ 1080p WITH Gameworks Enabled.

To settle all the myths about this game,

- yes, yes it is a shitty game

- yes, it is a failed port that was partly fixed

- no, you don't need a Titan X to max it out at 60FPS at 1080p

These are my settings (Everything maxed out besides the two locked GameWorks options:

IO9ZzqY.jpg

These are my specs for the benchmark run:

i7-3770 @3,9GHz with Turbo to 4,3GHz

R9 290X 1060mhz core / 1260mhz memory (nearly stock)

16GB of RAM

This is the score - the game didn't even drop to 60FPS once, with 90FPS average at 1920x1200, which is actually a 11,1% higher resolution than regular 1080p :

fMFatCe.jpg

Conclusion: Yes, RX 480 is perfectly capable of maxing this game out at 60FPS at 1080p. I think a 470 could pull that off too if you OC'd it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

On ‎2016‎.‎09‎.‎18‎. at 5:34 PM, Morgan MLGman said:

To settle all the myths about this game,

- yes, yes it is a shitty game

- yes, it is a failed port that was partly fixed

- no, you don't need a Titan X to max it out at 60FPS at 1080p

These are my settings (Everything maxed out besides the two locked GameWorks options:

IO9ZzqY.jpg

These are my specs for the benchmark run:

i7-3770 @3,9GHz with Turbo to 4,3GHz

R9 290X 1060mhz core / 1260mhz memory (nearly stock)

16GB of RAM

This is the score - the game didn't even drop to 60FPS once, with 90FPS average at 1920x1200, which is actually a 11,1% higher resolution than regular 1080p :

fMFatCe.jpg

Conclusion: Yes, RX 480 is perfectly capable of maxing this game out at 60FPS at 1080p. I think a 470 could pull that off too if you OC'd it.

ye but you don't have the gameworks running

even the consoles have gameworks running

okay... you don't need a Titan X, but you do need a 980ti, as a 980 can't keep up

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I can run Arkham Knight with my 970 no OC on max settings full HD. If you are using steam make sure to fix the local files. If you need help with that just let me know and I will send you the steps.

23 minutes ago, Jv2391 said:

I can run Arkham Knight with my 970 no OC on max settings full HD. If you are using steam make sure to fix the local files. If you need help with that just let me know and I will send you the steps.

Could have been more specific to your average performance,(I don't care though, I know the GTX970 can run it fine)

Gameworks Smoke can kill FPS by a LOT (sub 40fps) hence people disable it.... but it's NOT in every scene anyway...and smoke STILL exists in the game world,... Most of the time your still seeing around 60fps+ outside of the benchmark.

Runs @ higher than 1080p just fine too... Gameworks Smoke is off, other three debris/rain options are enabled.

The GTX970 is effectively a MID-RANGE Card now....

Compared to the GTX1060 and RX480 which offer similar performance...

Batman Arkham Knight, is fully playable, and not a broken mess anymore.

People who say otherwise, are trying to get 60fps on older hardware and won't turn anything down.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

52 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Could have been more specific to your average performance,(I don't care though, I know the GTX970 can run it fine)

Gameworks Smoke can kill FPS by a LOT (sub 40fps) hence people disable it.... but it's NOT in every scene anyway...and smoke STILL exists in the game world,... Most of the time your still seeing around 60fps+ outside of the benchmark.

Runs @ higher than 1080p just fine too... Gameworks Smoke is off, other three debris/rain options are enabled.

The GTX970 is effectively a MID-RANGE Card now....

Compared to the GTX1060 and RX480 which offer similar performance...

Batman Arkham Knight, is fully playable, and not a broken mess anymore.

People who say otherwise, are trying to get 60fps on older hardware and won't turn anything down.

I run Batman Arkham Knight at 80-120 FPS on maxed out settings. I edited the .ini file to unlock my FPS, and then in steam I ran a repair on the local files (still leaving my frames unlocked) and after that my game has ran without any issues. No crashes and this is since the broken launch (I was one of the people who bought the 970 for Batman specifically). The game runs fine without issues and on max settings for the 970. Just need the CPU and the RAM behind it. I used (I recently upgraded my system) a Intel i7-4790k (No OC'ing) 3.6GHz, generic DDR3 RAM at 2400MHz. Currently the 4790k is on Newegg for around $300 (price was at $285, but keeps fluctuating)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116987&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819116987&gclid=CKCY6Nn4m88CFQymaQodvLgJ1Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

To repair the system files in Batman (and any other game) if you go to Library>Properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of Game Cache it will run a quick scan and repair of your game's files.

Then go into the system files of the game under steam Library and then the .ini file, open it in notepad find the 30 fps cap and change it to your desired FPS max. And that was all I had to do.

2 minutes ago, Jv2391 said:

I run Batman Arkham Knight at 80-120 FPS on maxed out settings. I edited the .ini file to unlock my FPS,

To repair the system files in Batman (and any other game) if you go to Library>Properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of Game Cache it will run a quick scan and repair of your game's files.

Then go into the system files of the game under steam Library and then the .ini file, open it in notepad find the 30 fps cap and change it to your desired FPS max. And that was all I had to do.

Does the game not allow you to set it to 90fps? Why use an INI to unlock if the game has those options to further increase FPS limits...?

Or you outright want it proper unlocked...?

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

ye but you don't have the gameworks running

even the consoles have gameworks running

okay... you don't need a Titan X, but you do need a 980ti, as a 980 can't keep up

If those two settings that are disabled on Radeon cards cost you more than 30FPS to make you drop below 60FPS mark from 90 without them, they're not worth using.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Does the game not allow you to set it to 90fps? Why use an INI to unlock if the game has those options to further increase FPS limits...?

Or you outright want it proper unlocked...?

Well when the game first came out the FPS was locked to 30FPS and no option in game to change it. So I had to unlock it manually. Never really understood why they had it locked at 30 on the PC.

6 minutes ago, Jv2391 said:

Well when the game first came out the FPS was locked to 30FPS and no option in game to change it. So I had to unlock it manually. Never really understood why they had it locked at 30 on the PC.

True that, I thought you meant you Had to do it now.. and was a little confused.

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

True that, I thought you meant you Had to do it now.. and was a little confused.

Oh no sorry about that! :) Ever since Rock Steady jumped in to resolve the issue there has been significant improvements in every area. I never understood why they chose to neglect pc, but that is a whole different can of worms to open.

I ended up buying the Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini, heard really good things about it and it didn't disappoint on most of my games. Tried out Batman Arkham Knight on max settings with everything enabled.

And this is what I got in the performance test: [THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT; TESTED OUT WRONG SETTINGS. NEXT POST HAS PERFORMANCE TEST. AGAIN, VERY SORRY!]

w2b0C3I.jpg

Overall I really liked it. 35 frame was as soon as the test started. But in game I do get lag when using the batmobile a lot or sometimes when roaming the big city... Gets really bothersome at times. Any help?

3 minutes ago, Cor said:

I ended up buying the Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini, heard really good things about it and it didn't disappoint on most of my games. Tried out Batman Arkham Knight on it in those settings: 

KGYiamu.jpg

Overall I really liked it. 35 frame was as soon as the test started. But in game I do get lag when using the batmobile a lot or sometimes when roaming the big city... Gets really bothersome at times. Any help?

Nice performance! (My first frame is 20-25fps) then instantly goes higher too.

I'm Not 100%, but mechanical HDD speeds/accesstimes were a talking point on the batmobile issues at launch...

I run it from a raid0 without issue so I can't speak for normal hdd performance.

Nvidia works, those last three don't impact performance much at all, enabling them gives more eye candy, which is nice.

Only NV-Smoke kills it.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Nice performance!

I'm Not 100%, but mechanical HDD speeds/accesstimes were a talking point on the batmobile issues at launch...

I run it from a raid0 without issue so I can't speak for normal hdd performance.

Nvidia works, those last three don't impact performance much at all, enabling them gives more eye candy, which is nice.

Only NV-Smoke kills it.

First screenshot was a misupload. I maxed all the settings and got that performance.

Just now, Cor said:

First screenshot was a misupload. I maxed all the settings and got that performance.

Did you try lowering settings on each setting to find maybe the batmobile FPS drop...

IMO - NV smoke :P (I do like it, but so many performance costs)

Did you try lowering settings on each setting to find maybe the batmobile FPS drop...

IMO - NV smoke :P (I do like it, but so many performance costs)

Disabled the nvidia settings, game became so much more smoother, but you'll lag every once in a while, but it's bearable.

3 minutes ago, Cor said:

Disabled the nvidia settings, game became so much more smoother, but you'll lag every once in a while, but it's bearable.

I almost figured that'd be the case...

You could likely keep some of em.. need to find which is screwing you.

Debris and Enhanced Rain & Lightcasts... didn't take much from me performance wise.

But if they are introducing HDD stutter... yeah.. disabled for sure.

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

I almost figured that'd be the case...

You could likely keep some of em.. need to find which is screwing you.

Debris and Enhanced Rain & Lightcasts... didn't take much from me performance wise.

I will try more and update in the next 20~ mins

4 minutes ago, Cor said:

I will try more and update in the next 20~ mins

Oh ALSO..

Detail Level - is JUST drawdistance.

I have mine on medium - WHY render HQ models so far away you can't even see the extra details for... (May reduce ur stuttering in batmobile too)

Untitled.jpg

Oh ALSO..

Detail Level - is JUST drawdistance.

I have mine on medium - WHY render HQ models so far away you can't even see the extra details for... (May reduce ur stuttering in batmobile too)

Untitled.jpg

Aha okay got it thanks a lot, I didn't know that was what it meant. Will try messing around with that too.

Okay so I re-tested the game again just to make sure I actually didn't test using the wrong settings, and apparently I did test the wrong settings, which I'm VERY sorry about.

Here are the new test settings: 

UIX9bPS.jpg

The new test results: 

ZrlS9kA.jpg

This makes much more sense now considering the FPS that I get in game. Regarding the batmobile, I will still be testing everything out more. Hopefully I figure out the culprit.

So you can max it out, have more than 60fps, but still have occasional stutter? or is it frequent?

have  you got an SSD in machine with enough space to  throw batman on there? See if SSD stops stuttering?