What headphones to buy for gaming?

sissj

I was thinking about buying a new headset (last one died) and I saw teksyndicates headset replacement video, and was wondering what headphones are good for gaming. I also like to listen to rap  music and EDM and like high quality audio. I have considered options like the Beyerdynamic dt990 and M50x and my budget (without mic) is under £200.

I also REALLY like build quality.

SO what do you guys recommend?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Dont get a pair of headphones from Audio Technica's M series, the soundstage is really small.

Just now, HydraGaming said:

Dont get a pair of headphones from Audio Technica's M series, the soundstage is really small.

Do you personally recommend anything?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Just now, sissj said:

Do you personally recommend anything?

Well im currently looking at the Philips Fidelio X2 for my audio upgrade. Said to have great build quality, rich bass and a little spike in the treble that some people describe as sounding "artifical".  Ill link a review:

I personally use the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro for gaming. The bass port is pretty useful for adjusting the sound signature, and they sound really good with rap and EDM; Just leave the bass port all the way open and boom away~! xD Bass is the focus here, but mids and highs sound nice and pronounced as well (a bit of roll off on the trebles, but not dealbreaking) without being overpowered by the lows.

You can also stick a microphone into the detachable cable port if you need it.

16 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

Well im currently looking at the Philips Fidelio X2 for my audio upgrade. Said to have great build quality, rich bass and a little spike in the treble that some people describe as sounding "artifical".  Ill link a review:

would these be good for recording and editing gameplay?

18 minutes ago, Terraform said:

would these be good for recording and editing gameplay?

Not editing, the sound isn't neutral. 

3 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Not editing, the sound isn't neutral. 

what do you recommend for gaming and editing?

54 minutes ago, Terraform said:

what do you recommend for gaming and editing?

I would say the HD598 then, they arent the most natural sounding headphones but they offer good soundstage and arent to hard to drive.