Need help choosing between the gtx 660 ti or the gtx 670. Can someone help?

Benny1234

Can someone help me choose the best GPU 660 ti or 670? I am upgrading my old pc.

670 is a bit better, but still not great. whats your budget, since you could likely get a better gpu for the money?

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-670-vs-Nvidia-GTX-660-Ti/2181vs2183

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

err are those your only 2 choices?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x; Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz ; Storage: Corsair MP600 500GB, Kioxia 2TB M.2 ; Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE ; Case: Corsair 4000x White

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9310 i7-1185G7

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra

What is your budget for this? An assortment of much better GPUs can be had for very little money these days.

how much watts do you need for the psu? And what type of gaming or video rendering are you trying to do with the gpu

I am upgrading my old pc and I am just going to play games like overwatch.

1 minute ago, Benny1234 said:

I am upgrading my old pc and I am just going to play games like overwatch.

SeaSonic 430W or XFX TS 430W + RX 470

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If your budget is $200.00 or less then go with a 3GB GTX 1060 or 4GB RX 470.

RX 470:

• Better performance in DX 12 titles & Vulcan so potential future-proofing.
  • A company who supposedly doesn't gimp their older cards when the next generation releases (I don't know if Nvidia really does this or not).
  • Has crossfire capability, the 1060 lacks SLI.

3GB GTX 1060:

• Better performance in current titles in DX 11.
  • Better at overclocking
  • Less power & heat

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

Thanks Mike Soda! Okey but will the cards fit into a Acer aspire x3995?

1 minute ago, Benny1234 said:

Thanks Mike Soda! Okey but will the cards fit into a Acer aspire x3995?

both of them have tiny variants so there is surely one that fits, but what you should be asking how the hell you are going to get one, because they are sold out almost everywhere :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Benny1234 said:

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

both of them have tiny variants so there is surely one that fits, but what you should be asking how the hell you are going to get one, because they are sold out almost everywhere :P 

Is the gtx 670 compatible with the PC?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/model/DT.SJLEM.036

Just now, Benny1234 said:

Is the gtx 670 compatible with the PC?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/model/DT.SJLEM.036

theoreticly yes but im not sure it would fit under the side panel seeing as i dont have the case and card on hand and no mesurements of both

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

theoreticly yes but im not sure it would fit under the side panel seeing as i dont have the case and card on hand and no mesurements of both

Okey thank you so much bananasplit!