noob question.. how do you install windows 7?

airitech

Hey guys, i've been building pcs for about 5 years now, but i've always had trouble installing windows 7 for some reason.

Okay blah blah boot from disc everything goes good, the problem is when the windows re installer restarts for the first time. Where do i boot next? Do i boot back to the CD drive or do i boot to the hardrive that its installed on? Because at first ive always tried the cd but that seems to reset the installation, and then i tried to goto the hardrive that i was installing it on and that reset it too.. Help?

Thanks in advance.

During the windows installation your PC will restart several times, but you don't need to touch anything. It's going to boot from wherever it needs after every reboot.

i7 6800K

Corsair H110i GT

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x4GB) 3200MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB

R9 270X

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) 2015 Edition

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

BenQ XL2411Z

After install process has started you let it go without selecting boot device. All the way until you have desktop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, airitech said:

Hey guys, i've been building pcs for about 5 years now, but i've always had trouble installing windows 7 for some reason.

Okay blah blah boot from disc everything goes good, the problem is when the windows re installer restarts for the first time. Where do i boot next? Do i boot back to the CD drive or do i boot to the hardrive that its installed on? Because at first ive always tried the cd but that seems to reset the installation, and then i tried to goto the hardrive that i was installing it on and that reset it too.. Help?

Thanks in advance.

follow the guide in my signature

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE