Bioshock "Remasters"

UndueHatred

I played the original versions on steam and completed them both. Bioshock Infinite was not "remastered" and thus shall not show up inside this post.

Okay, the first major problem about these are the fact that it takes up an extra slot inside the steam library. Considering these "remasters" are hardly even a patch, this confuses me. I would like saying that even though they were garbage PC ports, I enjoyed the original games for their atmosphere and the overall experience exploring the city at the ocean's floor. It was a great game and I played both on Xbox 360 AND PC. I beat Bioshock first on Xbox and then once again on PC. I played Bioshock 2 a few times on Xbox and then completed the game on PC. I bought the Minerva's Den DLC too.I played on an Xbox 360 gamepad on the PC version.

Bioshock 2 had some serious problems the first time around. Bioshock was fine, though.

These "remasters" are garbage ports and unstable trash. Look, the idea that they would update the resolution and frame rate for consoles was not a bad idea. Including all 3 games on the same disk was also a cool thing. Releasing this trash for "free" on steam was just a dumb idea, considering how they were done very poorly and shoddily.

It crashes during the game's first 10 minutes! The game resets custom key bindings every time! The game, I felt, already looked cool considering the game's age. This added a crispness and improved the game's worst graphical problem: the textures. Still though, they took the time producing this product and yet everything that was bad about the original versions remains. The mouse settings, they are trash. The graphical settings? They are trash. The overall stability? Trash.

Verdict? Garbage.

Anyway, before droning on about people being entitled and whining about a free product, just shut up. 2K was best off not even producing this garbage. This barely constitutes a patch. Actually. it was the opposite. At least a patch fixes bugs.

At least they gave us achievements :D haha but yeah, I definitely agree. Don't know what they were thinking. 

2K didn't have to port it to PC at all, I could understand the negative reviews if 2K put a price tag on it and labelled it "Bioshock: The Definitive Edition" but this is a free upgrade. I agree that they could have released it as a patch for the original game, they could have delayed the remaster on PC to fix the bugs and added a price tag for the extra work.

I'm not a huge fan of the Bioshock series but I am a fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I hope that the Skyrim remaster will be better in October.

Well, I beat them once, no need to play them again. I'll leave those memories nice and happy.

18 hours ago, Synth3D said:

2K didn't have to port it to PC at all,

I wish they didn't.

I'll happily report that I played Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den Remastered for 78 minutes. It was completely stable and smooth. Also, the options on that one allowed mouse acceleration on or off and smoothing on or off, including mouse sensitivity within .1 versus the standard 1 2 3 etc.

I haven't had any issues with them thus far. Other than a bit of a stuttering issue when it drops frames here and there (which is funny because with v-sync turned off, I get 120+ fps, but with it turned on, it'll sometimes drop to 58/59 and cause an annoying bit of stutter... thanks, AMD), but that just required a bit of fiddling around with the framerate cap and some v-sync settings.

It's not the prettiest "remaster" in the world, but I do appreciated things like the added foliage (especially outdoors), the improved character models, and the textures that they actually changed.

I certainly wouldn't call them garbage. That would require me calling the originals garbage as well, since they're essentially the exact same games.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

The game itself, the games, are fine. The PC port has stability issues. I played Bioshock fine and not one crash. Played The remastered version and it crashed within 10 minutes. Bioshock 2 original was unbelievably unstable and crashed all the time, and the sound would cut out. Silent turrets and absurdly quiet gunfire. Seems the remastered versions are the same. 

3 hours ago, Kevin_Walter said:

(which is funny because with v-sync turned off, I get 120+ fps, but with it turned on, it'll sometimes drop to 58/59 and cause an annoying bit of stutter... thanks, AMD)

I'm pretty sure that's actually an issue with the V-Sync implementation in the game rather than a GPU issue.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I will also add to the list of issues that whenever going to the option > command menu, the gamepad controller option activates automatically, so you have to remember disabling it on your way out of the menu, otherwise you'll have to navigate it with your keyboard.

Game looks way better then the original, had it for 360 and pc

The best thing i can sayis like all pc gamesthese these dsys give them time to patch it, its REALLY annoying, but let me remind youof a time when console games couldnt be patched lots of games wete almost unplayble due to game breaking bugs

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

On 9/17/2016 at 11:05 PM, UndueHatred said:

I wish they didn't.

Right. Then you and every one else would complain about console exclusives and how they're killing the game industry.  It wouldn't be the first time for that complaint. 

• 2 weeks later...

BS 1 and BS 2 have not crashed once in about 8 hours between them for me D;

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5