Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be released on Linux and Mac

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

IIRC driver support for FirePros actually isn't bad. That said, the highest-end cards available only on Apple's highest-end computer (ie. the FirePro D700s in the Mac Pro) are only on par with crossfired R9 280Xs :P

Yup, despite Apple promising to support the Pro line again; they once again dropped the ball.

Silly bastards, as the even though the new Mac Pro was horribly lacking in upgradability it sold like hot cakes. Especially since the equivalent desktop FirePros; the W9000's cost more than the entire Mac Pro did if you bought them separately.

Now it's coming up to 3 years, and still no hardware update for the machines :/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

For the SSD he can move it to an PCIe card like the Apricorn Velocity X2, which removes the SATA 2  bottleneck. That way the SSD can run at full speeds as well.

If he can install OS X 10.10 he can also use a GTX 980, those need the latest NVIDIA web drivers, which are in the link I provided.

I don't think the software he uses benefits from a GPU and come to think of it I think its a PCIe SSD. he likes the big boost in threads and CPU power and he is paired it with a 28" 4k screen.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I don't think the software he uses benefits from a GPU and come to think of it I think its a PCIe SSD. he likes the big boost in threads and CPU power and he is paired it with a 28" 4k screen.

Yep, for music it's entirely on the CPU and I/O, so he's in a good spot. If he ever wants to upgrade the GPU he has the option to do that as well. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Well that's nice. 

Would want every future game to support both DX12 and Vulkan though, that'd be great!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

i am very exited about linux being not left out! although i am amazed that more than 70% of my steam list supports linux :D

4 hours ago, tlink said:

i am very exited about linux being not left out! although i am amazed that more than 70% of my steam list supports linux :D

i'm equally surprised, never looked at how many games on my library could run on linux

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If someone is interested, Aspyr Media, another porting company, is having a sale for their 20th anniversary

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/aspyr/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>