Motherboard under 149x160mm?

Con

I've been searching for motherboards smaller than Mini-ITX as part of my quest to build computers inside strange cases to disguise them.

I have found some great value Mini-ITX motherboards from ASUS, but I need something a bit smaller than that. 170x170mm is just too big for something in particular I have in mind.

I can't find any modern motherboards smaller than Mini-ITX and Google doesn't seem to turn up any products when I search for nanoITX.

Any help is much appreciated!

You could go for a pico itx board.

http://www.viatech.com/en/boards/pico-itx/

100mm x 72mm

Pretty much all nano/pico itx boards are for more industrial/buisness uses though so they will be expensive, and tremendously underpowered, I doubt most even have the specs to run alot of Linux distos, because the extremely light ones.

There is also the lattepanda 

http://www.lattepanda.com/

It is a small single board computer that can run windows 10, and has a built in arduino controller.

It is 70mm x 88mm.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

14 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

look for 5x5(mini stx_ or nuc boards

They will be hard to find.

Darn. I need specific examples.

12 hours ago, SLAYR said:

You could go for a pico itx board.

http://www.viatech.com/en/boards/pico-itx/

100mm x 72mm

Pretty much all nano/pico itx boards are for more industrial/buisness uses though so they will be expensive, and tremendously underpowered, I doubt most even have the specs to run alot of Linux distos, because the extremely light ones.

There is also the lattepanda 

http://www.lattepanda.com/

It is a small single board computer that can run windows 10, and has a built in arduino controller.

It is 70mm x 88mm.

I'm looking for something really small, but good enough to emulate some 3D games, or at bare minimum have the capability to remotely connect to my personal rig at 1080p60 or even 2160p60 (for when my UHD smart TV comes). It's going to be a living room type computer of very small form factor.

The LattePanda looks great and I can especially see a use for the LattePanda 4GB/64GB edition. The case I am building in has a height of 112 mm plus with about 30 mm or so extended with an addon that I was thinking of filling with accessories or GPU, so it will have plenty of room for a heatsink or the smallest watercooling custom loop imaginable within the height of the case.

What I would like to know, if you can tell me (and I am researching the LattePanda as we speak) is can it be overclocked, custom cooled and use a graphics card? Everything else I can try to work around with the USB ports, I just need to know the essentials about the motherboard first.

48 minutes ago, Con said:

What I would like to know, if you can tell me (and I am researching the LattePanda as we speak) is can it be overclocked, custom cooled and use a graphics card? Everything else I can try to work around with the USB ports, I just need to know the essentials about the motherboard first.

With overclocking most likely not, you can custom cool it, but it is so low power the heatspreader on the die is enough to passively cool it. A graphics card cannot be connected to it.

Most boards smaller then mitx are passively coed so no custom cooling is required.

The smallest computer that can be overclocked is probabbly be an RPi.

But if you are looking for overclockability, and gpu support mitx is the only option and you should reconsider the case. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

With overclocking most likely not, you can custom cool it, but it is so low power the heatspreader on the die is enough to passively cool it. A graphics card cannot be connected to it.

Most boards smaller then mitx are passively coed so no custom cooling is required.

The smallest computer that can be overclocked is probabbly be an RPi.

But if you are looking for overclockability, and gpu support mitx is the only option and you should reconsider the case. 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about turning this project into more of a streaming box than something that can natively process games.

1 hour ago, Con said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about turning this project into more of a streaming box than something that can natively process games.

Why not just get a nuc?

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why not just get a nuc?

I'm open to that idea. This NUC motherboard looks interesting, I don't mind buying something fully pre-built and small, then just re-assembling it in the case I'm looking to build it in (it's not a PC case, the point of my project is to build computers in strange cases that don't look like computers).

Ideally I'd like it to natively run Dolphin emulator at 1080p 60fps, but the ability to stream from a more powerful rig is a must. So what ever the best motherboard is that would fit within these dimensions would be great. I can also mount the board diagonally if need be, I think that if the case were 16cm by 16cm on all sides then it may be possible to fit a 17cm x 17cm mITX board in such a cube diagonally, but the 149mm aspect will make that probably impossible; I'm doing some tests in 3D design software for planning.