I need help with power consumption

Hi guys! I am building a highend pc, and I am buying one part at a time. So far, I have the Power Supply, Case, Hard Drive, GPU, Cooler. My build link is here:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/andrewc4321/saved/dFmGXL

I want to know if the power supply is enough. Also, can someone explain in detail the 80 ratings. I know there is a video by linus, but it just doesn't explain it in the way I want it. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Antoniopap said:

Hi guys! I am building a highend pc, and I am buying one part at a time. So far, I have the Power Supply, Case, Hard Drive, GPU, Cooler. My build link is here:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/andrewc4321/saved/dFmGXL

I want to know if the power supply is enough. Also, can someone explain in detail the 80 ratings. I know there is a video by linus, but it just doesn't explain it in the way I want it. Thanks.

it means that it will be 80 percent efficient under load and idle. Which means it saves energy costs

750 w is fine. 

The PSU is ok but your build seems unbalanced, you are getting a 6700k with a 480 i think you would be better with a better graphics card and a less powerful cpu like a i5 6600k and a GTX 1070 or 480 8GB(IMO in a typical gaming setup the gpu is the most expensive part not the cpu).

The ratings are just the energy efficiency.

5 minutes ago, klatez said:

The PSU is ok but your build seems unbalanced, you are getting a 6700k with a 480 i think you would be better with a better graphics card and a less powerful cpu like a i5 6600k and a GTX 1070 or 480 8GB(IMO in a typical gaming setup the gpu is the most expensive part not the cpu).

The ratings are just the energy efficiency.

You have a point. But, since I'm a "kid" and my dad doesn't know much about PC building, HE THINKS THAT THE 1070 IS TOO EXPENSIVE! He is more into the CPU, that is why I am getting the 6700k. I may edit videos too tho.

The psu is overkill and there are better psus for a lower cost like the s12ii 520: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze

The 80 plus ratings are for efficiency when converting power from the wall. For example, a psu with an efficiency rating of 80% will waste more power from the wall delivering 100w to the system than a psu with a rating of 90%. The bronze, silver, gold, etc ratings are for lower or higher efficiency and the naming scheme is often used for marketing. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, Antoniopap said:

HE THINKS THAT THE 1070 IS TOO EXPENSIVE!

At least try to get a 8GB model, i hear good things about the MSI one.

Actually, show him this budget and then show him a budget where you change a few components like the ram, mobo and PSU as an example for cheaper ones and slide a 1070 in to show him that what matters is the overall price not a single component.

80 Plus test type[4] 115V internal non-redundant 230V internal redundant 230V EU internal non-redundant
Percentage of rated load 10% 20% 50% 100% 10% 20% 50% 100% 10% 20% 50% 100%
80 Plus   80% 80% 80%           82% 85% 82%
80 Plus Bronze   82% 85% 82%   81% 85% 81%   85% 88% 85%
80 Plus Silver   85% 88% 85%   85% 89% 85%   87% 90% 87%
80 Plus Gold   87% 90% 87%   88% 92% 88%   90% 92% 89%
80 Plus Platinum   90% 92% 89%   90% 94% 91%   92% 94% 90%
80 Plus Titanium 90% 92% 94% 90% 90% 94% 96% 91% 90% 94% 96% 94%

There are power losses in the conversion from AC power from the wall to DC power that the computer needs.  The 80 Plus rating is a standard that ensures the PSU meets certain a certain efficiency.  

750W is plenty.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

7 minutes ago, klatez said:

At least try to get a 8GB model, i hear good things about the MSI one.

Actually, show him this budget and then show him a budget where you change a few components like the ram, mobo and PSU as an example for cheaper ones and slide a 1070 in to show him that what matters is the overall price not a single component.

Believe me, I tried. I could get a 20 dollar motherboard and the 1070 and he will still say it is too much. The final cost is something he doesn't look at.

2 hours ago, Antoniopap said:

That PSU isn't great value and is overkill on wattage. An EVGA 750B2 would be much better if, for some reason, you had to have a 750W PSU. Otherwise, 550W for a single 1070 is fine and a 550W G2 from EVGA would work well.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||