DDR3 situation, borrow some temporarily or get another small stick?

i got my hands on an I3 560 and a H55 motherboard for really cheap and i want to test if they are fine, previus owner said one of them was broken and when i took a look at it 2 pins in the socket were bent so i bent them back but i have no spare DDR3 to test if its good now, so do i get some cheap DDR3 for it or do i take one of the 8GB sticks from my main PC? 8GB isnt really enough for me anymore seeing as i am usiually at 11GB of usage when at the desktop with all my chrome tabs and usiuall programs open. what are your opinions on this because i have almost no money to spend on the DDR3 so it would be basically the bottom of the barel like 1GB stick. anyway thanks for any replies and any help :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

personally id take the stick out of my main rig to check weither they are working.. if they are you can go out buy some for that mobo and not worry about wasting your money   or just buy it and if its no good add it to your main rig if able to do so....but thats just what id do lol 

Just now, JakeySRi said:

personally id take the stick out of my main rig to check weither they are working.. if they are you can go out buy some for that mobo and not worry about wasting your money   or just buy it and if its no good add it to your main rig if able to do so....but thats just what id do lol 

yah i have been thinking that i could buy another identical 8GB stick and run 24GB in my main rig if it dosent work but il see what people think first

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

ok i took out one RAM stick, thanks everyone :)

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, JakeySRi said:

let us know how you get on mate :D

nothing is working, motherboard or CPU is likely broken seeing as i have tried litteraly every ide on what to do that i could think of, which is all RAM configs, cleaning out EVERYTHING, re seating the CPU a few times, changeing PSU, using onboard graphics instead of a GTX 660 and every position of the overclocking switch and RAM.... its getting annoying because now im also out of thermalpaste and im out of money lol

Builds:

Spoiler

is there power going to the board? is the cpu fan spinning when turned on? 

Just now, JakeySRi said:

is there power going to the board? is the cpu fan spinning when turned on? 

its failing to load the BIOS, everything has power and all fans are spinning, i have also reset CMOS and cleared CMOS RAM once or twice

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, JakeySRi said:

what motherboard and CPU are you using? 

I3 530 and MSI H55-E33 and the RAM is a 8GB stick of HyperX 1866Mhz RAM

Builds:

Spoiler

the supported RAM for this motherboard;  DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2000*/2133* (OC) 

most likely the ram in my opinion mate    quick check on the MSI website shows the above supported Ram 

so prior to my earlier suggestion..sorry it not work lol 

however seems strange that your MOBO supports pretty much everything except 1866Mhz...unless im missing somthing   

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H55ME33.html#hero-specification

38 minutes ago, JakeySRi said:

most likely the ram in my opinion mate    quick check on the MSI website shows the above supported Ram 

however seems strange that your MOBO supports pretty much everything except 1866Mhz...unless im missing somthing   

everything above 1333Mhz is overclock i think, well that means i will need to get some RAM anyway i was always going to have to pick some up but i guess il get that before i get a new motherboard then

Builds:

Spoiler

43 minutes ago, JakeySRi said:

think i found the real problem though, it cant take 8GB sticks either, so the RAM is just a straight up no go for the motherboard lol

Builds:

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

think i found the real problem though, it cant take 8GB sticks either, so the RAM is just a straight up no go for the motherboard lol

that'll be that then, sorry for mis-advising you dude.. hope you get it sorted

2 hours ago, JakeySRi said:

that'll be that then, sorry for mis-advising you dude.. hope you get it sorted

yah il just pick up 4GB of DDR3 from somewhere thats cheap and slam it in that rig, not sure what im going to do with it but its probably getting one of my GTX 660s and will be the new LAN PC because im sick and tired of the shitloads of problems with the current one

Builds:

Spoiler