Holly molly, i found treasure chest (1989 - 2003 cpus)

So hey guys, i was just trying to find some lock nuts for wires, and i hit a treasure chest - a box full of old amd and intel cpus, so take a look and say your thoughts. Sadly i don't have any mobos for these cpus, but if you want one, send me a pic of your mobo and pay the shipping expenses (maybe send me a trinket or two from your country) so here they are:

image.jpgHere you can see the cpu box, the second writing means tiles (my dad is a realy funny guy)

image.jpgOpening up we find some procesors, which are stacked layer by layer

image.jpgtaking off the next layer reveals some more cpus

image.jpg

some more cpus

image.jpg

skiped some layers, taking off the last layer

image.jpg

is that a... Pentium pro?

image.jpg

all the intel cpus, the ones upside down are celerons

image.jpg

all amd cpus, newest is from 2003, and i think that brown one was in Linuses (sorry if i spelled it wrong) first "gaming" machine

image.jpg

this cpu is meant to run at 3.45 volts, imagine doing that to a modern cpu, (insert wtf, boom)

image.jpg

this is the oldest cpu of all those cpus, if my maths are correct it is only 3 years younger than Linus and 1 year older than Lukeimage.jpg

And here are all of the procesors in all af their glory.

Well the fun is over, maybe some of you also have a collection of these "tiles".

thank you for reading.

Ebay, some people collect this stufff

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Do not melt them! Imagine some collector might be trying to rebuild an old pc with a broken cpu that has to be replaced. Imagine how happy he (and if he's wealthy you, too) it would make him!

3 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

You can melt them and take the gold u know.

Like $5 worth.

If you have enough of them you could make a table out of them.

image.jpeg

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

The only ones I haven't seen in front of me were the AMD K5 PR 100 and 5x86 PR 133  ... my first system was with a K6-2 cpu and i've seen older 486 or older cpus.

6 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Like $5 worth.

If you have enough of them you could make a table out of them.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Certanly seems a good project to do, if you have enough cpus in first place :D

13 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

You can melt them and take the gold u know.

The gold wouldnt be worth it as you would have to use acids to purify it, which would cost more than the gold. Plus you would destroy PC history.

10 minutes ago, Varphi said:

Do not melt them! Imagine some collector might be trying to rebuild an old pc with a broken cpu that has to be replaced. Imagine how happy he (and if he's wealthy you, too) it would make him!

Yeah, thats what i am talking about, making someone happier, wouldnt even need a lot of money, only something small, symbolic.

amd @ 3.45 v ....

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

ooooooh they're compatible with Windows 95! Good to know; I've always wanted to install the most unstable OS ever. :P

In all seriousness, these are pretty cool to see after the years. It's hard to imagine that Computers were once large city blocks before they shrunk down in size.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, dzintars said:

You can donate them to PC History museum in SIgulda - http://www.pchistory.lv/ka-izskatas-muzejs :)

Oh didnt know that it exists, but i think could donate some, but keep some to myself, because they cost like 20 for one cpu- wait a few years, and they cost even more.

But one serious question - driving to sigulda from riga only to give some procesors - thats like 1,2 hour drive, maybe when i am nearer sigulda or turaida will go by them. 

6 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Put them in some clear acrylic two part epoxy and make coasters out of them and then sell them to the nerds.

Yeah, would probably be able to sell those coasters around 10 a pop, but single of those cpus goes as high as 40 dollars

20 minutes ago, Me_Is_Hooman said:

Yeah, would probably be able to sell those coasters around 10 a pop, but single of those cpus goes as high as 40 dollars

Non-working ones still sell for that much?

30 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Non-working ones still sell for that much?

Most of them work, non working ones sell from 13 - 30 usd

9 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Hah, I know what I'd be doing then.

Yeah, i will wait a year or two, look at the prices and start selling them, maybe will get a motherboard and make old school cool pc :D

1 minute ago, Me_Is_Hooman said:

Yeah, i will wait a year or two, look at the prices and start selling them, maybe will get a motherboard and make old school cool pc :D

If you are into that then look up 8-bit guy and obsolete geek on youtube.

2 hours ago, DunePilot said:

If you are into that then look up 8-bit guy and obsolete geek on youtube.

Yes, i watch the 8-bit guy, but i lean more towards the era, that GHG covers (lga775) mainly because that is my current pc setup and things like that.

On another note i looked why do broken cpus sell for so much and the answer is - pentium pro contains ONE WHOLE GRAM OF GOLD, cool isnt it?