What phone to buy?

majorawsome

<rant>

So today I have had it. My Lumia 928's screen constantly goes out on me. This is unacceptable. I have been trying to fix it, but I cannot find a way. It isn't the digitizer or anything hardware I think because it works, but most times it doesn't. I have to put my phone in the freezer constantly to fix this calamity, but it soon locks up again.

When I get a phone call, screen doesn't work. When I get a text, screen doesn't work. When I want to use my phone, screen doesn't work.

</rant>

I want to switch phones, planning on Nexus 5, but I don't really like the look of Android, nor MIUI. I like CyanogenMod but I don't like the icons...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not taking a Windows Phone again, but I will miss the OS. The hardware just isn't ready for it yet.

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

The iPhone 5S is pretty good (I love my 5), or you could get HTC One. Nexus 5 is a pretty solid choice, but personally I would go for the iPhone 5S.

The iPhone 5S is pretty good (I love my 5), or you could get HTC One. Nexus 5 is a pretty solid choice, but personally I would go for the iPhone 5S.

For some reason I don't really want an iPhone, It's cool and all but I don't want that for some reason. I don't like iOS 7 anyways...

The old forum.

For some reason I don't really want an iPhone, It's cool and all but I don't want that for some reason. I don't like iOS 7 anyways...

Okey, get the HTC One then, amazing build quality.

Okey, get the HTC One then, amazing build quality.

It is either that or the Nexus 5, I am going to wait for that though. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with other ROMs with Android.

The old forum.

I've been using stock Android roms and haven't had any issues with it... if anything, Jelly Bean completely changes the experience (something you can't tell just by looking at it). HTC One or Xperia Z1 due to their respective build qualities. HTC One also has a Windows Phone variant IIRC.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior: Blackberry 10? :P   If you haven't already, it might be worth your time to look into a bb10 phone. I went from iOS to Note 2 then finally settled on bb10.  Other then that the HTC one or Nexus 5.  Stay away from the Sony and LG Android phones.  They always seem to be plagued by lag issue.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior: Blackberry 10? :P   If you haven't already, it might be worth your time to look into a bb10 phone. I went from iOS to Note 2 then finally settled on bb10.  Other then that the HTC one or Nexus 5.  Stay away from the Sony and LG Android phones.  They always seem to be plagued by lag issue.

TBH I was looking at the BB10. I think I would like it but I would definatly want a trail with it (as in have one for a month and see how I like it). BB10 does look good. Not gonna lie

The old forum.

TBH I was looking at the BB10. I think I would like it but I would definatly want a trail with it (as in have one for a month and see how I like it). BB10 does look good. Not gonna lie

I'm with you on having a trial period when switching phones.  I do know a lot of people that like BB10 also like WP8 and vice versa.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

If you don't like Cyanogenmod's icons, look around at the 100s of other custom ROMs. There'll definitely be something you like. AOKP is another good option. 

BB10 is nice for the features it offers (BBM + BBM Video), although most of that functionality already exists in iOS (Facetime + iMessage) and Android (Google Talk/Hangouts). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

AOKP looked nice, but being a developer I want to develope some apps for the market. Currently working on a Snapchat for WP8 :D

The old forum.

Blackberry? 

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |