Gaming Rig

Riles4365
Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

What kind of logic is that

Well Im getting the K Series for that extra power with the 4GHZ And i dont want to overclock for now.

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

I have though of that. I don't need z170 because I have i7 6700K and its more expensive

Overclocking is worth it imo. But I guess it's not necessary what with the 6700K's 4.2GHz boost clock.

But if you don't OC, the Dark Rock Pro 3 will be a waste of money and you would be fine on a cheaper CPU cooler (and smaller, the Dark Rock is so big you could break your motherboard just by moving it around with that hunk of metal hanging off it)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I don't want to overclock an i5. I don't want to overclock anything. i5's are older and I want this to last longer

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

Well Im getting the K Series for that extra power with the 4GHZ And i dont want to overclock for now.

The point of the "K" series is for you to overclock. It's called unlocked for a reason.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

What kind of logic is that

If the 6700K cost much more than a 6700 i'd agree, but the 6700 is $15 less so eh

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

The point of the "K" series is for you to overclock. It's called unlocked for a reason.

i want the boost clock and the base clock I dont WANT TO OVER CLOCK IT

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

i want the boost clock and the base clock I dont WANT TO OVER CLOCK IT

There is no point of spending $50 extra dollars just for 200 extra MHz (i7-6700 and i7-6700k). Price to performance people.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

2 minutes ago, Guayser913 said:

And Its more like 600mhz not 200 xD

That is still not a lot, as he/she will never actually get to use all that extra power unless he/she is actually making a workstation and editing stuff.

2 hours ago, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

That is still not a lot, as he/she will never actually get to use all that extra power unless he/she is actually making a workstation and editing stuff.

I will be editing stuff on there. I have been meaning to start yt and also I am sticking with i7 6700K. 

4 hours ago, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

There is no point of spending $50 extra dollars just for 200 extra MHz (i7-6700 and i7-6700k). Price to performance people.

on newegg the price difference is $35 and the clock difference is .6ghz if you do the math that's a (.6/3.4)=17% increase i performance if performance scales 1 to 1 with clock speed ( it doesn't exactly but its relatively close) for (35/305)= 11% increase in price. it actually would make economic sense to get the k version just for the faster base and boost clock. also this isn't even taking into account that the $35 dollar increase in price could be taken as a percentage of the entire builds price and not just the cpu and it starts to look like a no brainier to get the k version for the relatively small increase in price. 

14 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

on newegg the price difference is $35 and the clock difference is .6ghz if you do the math that's a (.6/3.4)=17% increase i performance if performance scales 1 to 1 with clock speed ( it doesn't exactly but its relatively close) for (35/305)= 11% increase in price. it actually would make economic sense to get the k version just for the faster base and boost clock. also this isn't even taking into account that the $35 dollar increase in price could be taken as a percentage of the entire builds price and not just the cpu and it starts to look like a no brainier to get the k version for the relatively small increase in price. 

Riles is never gonna do heaving computing work, I can bet that. All s(he) is going to do is some gaming on a 4K monitor at most.

7 hours ago, I_IHaveNoLife_l said:

Riles is never gonna do heaving computing work, I can bet that. All s(he) is going to do is some gaming on a 4K monitor at most.

um excuse me how do you know me. newegg in australia is terible. 

Hey, So I am building a gaming pc and here are my parts. I don't have a case because I already have one and peripherals don't matter. Just give me your thoughts on the hardware. THANKS!!!! (Also I'm not overclocking)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

MOBO: Asus H170 Pro Gaming

RAM: Kingston HyperX 16Gb DDR4 2133Mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal Drive

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 

PSU: Corsair RM650X.

Also adding some cheap case fans

Please help me out. Also if anything does work or fit together or it isn't enough power just tell me. Thanks!!!

If I can get anything cheaper like a different SSD or HDD, please tell me

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Hey, So I am building a gaming pc and here are my parts. I don't have a case because I already have one and peripherals don't matter. Just give me your thoughts on the hardware. THANKS!!!! (Also I'm not overclocking)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

MOBO: Asus H170 Pro Gaming

RAM: Kingston HyperX 16Gb DDR4 2133Mhz

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal Drive

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 

PSU: Corsair RM650X.

Also adding some cheap case fans

Please help me out. Also if anything does work or fit together or it isn't enough power just tell me. Thanks!!!

Um this is a bit all over the place m8. If just for gaming go with i5-6500 and gtx 1060 with a b/h110m mobo if your not overclocking. 

Just now, NeoSk11zle said:

Um this is a bit all over the place m8. If just for gaming go with i5-6500 and gtx 1060 with a b/h110m mobo if your not overclocking. 

what do you mean all over the place. And I am sticking i7 6700k

Just now, Riles4365 said:

For gaming 6700k is overkill and your not even overclocking (you should) which why you got the k-cpu. and your going with a GTX1060 which is really good with an i5 6500/6600/6600k. This is for gaming not content creating right?

1 minute ago, NeoSk11zle said:

For gaming 6700k is overkill and your not even overclocking (you should) which why you got the k-cpu. and your going with a GTX1060 which is really good with an i5 6500/6600/6600k. This is for gaming not content creating right?

Gaming, also I want to 6700k so I have extra clock speed instead of 6700 which is lower speed so my games will be faster. Also, I want to start content creating so I might be using it for some editing

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

You might also want to get 8gb of ram instead of 16gb since your just gaming. 

2 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

No I need 16GB because I am also using very big flight sim on this computer and it needs RAM