what the hell is wrong with my cpu....

The heatsink compound dried out and when it does, my processor's speed drop down by half. Therefore, i used to take it to a technician and does the job done by changing the cpu fan and the heatsink compound. This time i did it myself, all was good except the speed. That remained the same. Incase if you're wondering, it's 1.3 Ghz which should have been 2.7 Ghz. But one thing noticeable is that it's running just fine. Although running games like GTA 4 is HELL.    

dfsdf.PNG

hh.PNG

3 minutes ago, Joe Jackman said:

The heatsink compound dried out and when it does, my processor's speed drop down by half. Therefore, i used to take it to a technician and does the job done by changing the cpu fan and the heatsink compound. This time i did it myself, all was good except the speed. That remained the same. Incase if you're wondering, it's 1.3 Ghz which should have been 2.7 Ghz. But one thing noticeable is that it's running just fine. Although running games like GTA 4 is HELL.    

Sounds like you're thermal throttling. Remove the heatsink, clean the old thermal compound off and try it again. When placing the heatsink back on don't lift up on it as that can create an air bubble and thus a thermal barrier.

3 minutes ago, Joe Jackman said:

yeah, that i get it. That's why i tried almost 5 times.
Nothing is working.

What are the core temps on the cpu?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

24 minutes ago, Joe Jackman said:

yeah, that i get it. That's why i tried almost 5 times.
Nothing is working.

18 minutes ago, Joe Jackman said:

um, don't know. checking

wait.

Why would someone remove, repaste, and reseat their CPU cooler five times without once spending 5mins checking the CPU temps before making all that effort?

31 minutes ago, Alec M said:

What paste are you using?

The thermal paste wouldn't affect temps to the point of overheating. The max difference between even just shitty paste and decent paste is 2-3C all that matters is that it is there.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/thermal-compound-review-roundup.159457/

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

On 9/11/2016 at 2:12 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Why would someone remove, repaste, and reseat their CPU cooler five times without once spending 5mins checking the CPU temps before making all that effort?

actually i did, it's true my cpu temp was above average. That's why at the fifth time i changed my cooler caz its fan wasn't rotating efficiently.   

On 9/11/2016 at 6:32 PM, Alec M said:

What paste are you using?

Don't but it's really fucking cheap.

On 9/11/2016 at 1:51 PM, SLAYR said:

What are the core temps on the cpu?

Its 47 when it uses 93% of it's cpu capacity. This is when i played GTA 4 at its lowest config.

On 9/11/2016 at 1:25 PM, imreloadin said:

Sounds like you're thermal throttling. Remove the heatsink, clean the old thermal compound off and try it again. When placing the heatsink back on don't lift up on it as that can create an air bubble and thus a thermal barrier.

I don't think that is the cause, because i check the temps under load which was 47 degree celsius, while playing GTA 4 under lowest confiq where the frame rate maxed out at 34.
This was a low budget gaming riq back in 2009, so yeah embarrassing.

Guys thank you for the support and sorry that i did not reply on time as i live in a different time zone.
Therefore, i am replying to you all this morning.

3 hours ago, Joe Jackman said:

Guys thank you for the support and sorry that i did not reply on time as i live in a different time zone.
Therefore, i am replying to you all this morning.

when you put the CPU under load does the clockspeed increase?!

intel has power saving features built in that will reduce the CPU clockspeed when not under heavy load to save energy...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Its 47 when it uses 93% of it's cpu capacity. This is when i played GTA 4 at its lowest config.

That isn't thermal throttling then, it would have to be 80-90C for that to happen.

On 9/12/2016 at 6:29 AM, i_build_nanosuits said:

when you put the CPU under load does the clockspeed increase?!

intel has power saving features built in that will reduce the CPU clockspeed when not under heavy load to save energy...

Actually, i used cam to monitor the heat and the frame rate while playing GTA 4 on the lowest config but it still lagged.
i didn't paid much attention to the clockspeed as i don't know how to do it.
can you suggest me how. i am not a huge gamer and i only use my pc for productivity like word processing.
i used to be a gamer but this is a really low budget pc which a shame to even call it a gaming rig.

so yeah, i never really thought of it.  

On 9/12/2016 at 6:39 AM, SLAYR said:

That isn't thermal throttling then, it would have to be 80-90C for that to happen.

Exactly

12 minutes ago, Joe Jackman said:

Actually, i used cam to monitor the heat and the frame rate while playing GTA 4 on the lowest config but it still lagged.
can you suggest me how. i am not a huge gamer and i only use my pc for productivity like word processing.
i used to be a gamer but this is a really low budget pc which a shame to even call it a gaming rig.

As someone else and I said you need to watch it under load. Most cpus have power saving features and will downcloak to a lower multi when not under heavy load. To test you can watch CPU-Z or Cam and see what it goes to while it's under load. You can also run Real Temp in the background to see what the temp is hitting. An easy way to test is to download Cinebench and run Cinebench while watching CPU-Z, while Cinebench is running see what your clockspeed jumps to.

download and run this...it'll tell you everything

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

thanks guys

and sorry for the late response

..i was a bit busy

On 9/12/2016 at 3:07 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

i downloaded it, it didn't support my platform. 

It was a BIOS malfunction. when their is a thermal throttling, my pc will automatically will lower clock speed in order to save power. So i just had to manually change the clockspeed. I actually figured it out 7 days after i posted this. Sorry for the late info.