Note 7 vs 7 plus

I thought I would start a thread for arguably the two best phones on the market at the moment. I think the note 7 wins by far. However, I'm curious to see what others have to say.  I, of course, can see how some would prefer Apple because of the fact that it's an iPhone and you get the apple realm of computing when you have a mac and a ,MacBook and an iPhone ect. 

Err, this isnt gonna end well. I want an Iphone 7 Plus, over my current S6, because first of all i want something different to use (My 4th android, might i say 3rd flagship from Sammy device so far) and Apple acessories are much more diverse and "premium", support for them in the current place where i live is by far the best (Samsung repair services are awful in my country and require a journey to the mainland, that usually ends up in a phone worst than when we sent it there) and software updates for its models are really present and long-planned on theyr lineup of smartphones, some sources claim at least 3 years of updates. Overall, theyr a really solid choice of a phone with a software that rarely lets its user down, as long as we use it smartly, because if we dont, even the highest end of supercomputers would slow down lol. Thats what im looking for on a phone, simplicity and daily performance levels at a flagship level, not exclusive software features. Some complain theyr slow and theyr updates are not so great in terms of benefits and slowdowns may occur, but then again some say otherwise from Samsung and so on. Depends on the person using it and the device itself, post-fabrication but pre-purchase status.

Groomlake Authority

5 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

I thought I would start a thread for arguably the two best phones on the market at the moment. I think the note 7 wins by far. However, I'm curious to see what others have to say.  I, of course, can see how some would prefer Apple because of the fact that it's an iPhone and you get the apple realm of computing when you have a mac and a ,MacBook and an iPhone ect. 

I'd take the Note 7 because...

- Bigger, AMOLED, higher-res display

- More RAM

- Bigger battery

- S-Pen

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I'm an android user, but for this case I'd get an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

10 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

for now, dont get the S7 note. apparently there has been some blowing up due to charging.

http://wqad.com/2016/09/02/the-new-galaxy-7-is-really-blowing-up-literally/

http://bgr.com/2016/09/09/note-7-recall-cpsc-warning-explode-samsung/

so i wouldnt get one unless they fix the problem.

no im not an apple fan, i still live by the saying "Android's eat apples. hence the bite out of apple"

I love the samsung lineup, just not until they fix the little problem, would i consider getting one

4 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

I'm an android user, but for this case I'd get an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

why get the S plus for 128GB when you could get the note 7, and put in a 128GB micro sd card in it which would actually be worth the upgrade? vs apple marketing 100$ for each storage increase? you can get a really good micro sd card thats 128GB for roughyl 45$-60$ depending on the company

7 plus because:

• Most likely will have better battery life.
  • A10
  • Dat camera.
  • System wide support for higher gamut display.
  • Stereo speakers.
  • iOS standby battery drain is close to zero.
  • Updates
  • No issues with scratches on the screen, lag
  • No touchwiz
  • 128 GB of NVMe goodness.

This is just based on speculation from the keynote. I've been an android user for the past 5 years or so and have never tried an iPhone. I'm happy with my oneplus 3 and won't switch it for any other phone anytime soon, but between these phones, I would have to choose the 7 plus.

I used Samsung for 3 years( S4 and then S6) and both were amazing phones. But they have been slacking since the S6. Note 5, S7 and the note 7 were incremental updates with just the specs changed. They are stagnating and it shows in the products.

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

Just now, ZeusXI said:

why get the S plus for 128GB when you could get the note 7, and put in a 128GB micro sd card in it which would actually be worth the upgrade? vs apple marketing 100$ for each storage increase? you can get a really good micro sd card thats 128GB for roughyl 45$-60$ depending on the company

It's just my wimp

I didn't say the note 7 is a bad choice, but for $800+ I would trust my money to Apple (even though I despise them for throwing 3.5mm jack away)

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Because a Micro Sd is dozens of times slower than the NVME controller in the Iphone 7??? 

will you ever notice the speed difference between a class 10/U1/2/3 and nvme on a phone for day to day tasks? nope. what will you be doing? transferring movies to your phone constantly? even then, i have a class 10 chip, and it doesnt take too long to put a 3GB movie onto it at all

2 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

will you ever notice the speed difference between a class 10/U1/2/3 and nvme on a phone for day to day tasks? nope. what will you be doing? transferring movies to your phone constantly? even then, i have a class 10 chip, and it doesnt take too long to put a 3GB movie onto it at all

yeah theres a massive difference and u do notice the difference between the two

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Even though the iPhone 7+ will be better in many areas and despite my preference for iPhones over Android, iOS is better designed for smaller screens and the Note7's functionality is unmatched for a phablet and is what I would recommend. 

12 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

-snip-

I appreciate storage i can use to also install apps like games or multimedia ones, not storage to just carry my music and videos around. Thats what id use Cloud Storage for, safer and nowadays almost as convenient, with a good data plan and reception range and wifi speeds with coverage, that is.

Groomlake Authority

One catches fire, the other has no headphone jack.  At this price point I'd probably bite the bullet and go for the...uhhh... I'd honestly wait for the next Nexus.  The new iPhone suffers from the one port issue like the Macbook.  I've found myself charging my phone while listening to music more frequently than I expected. Both seem to be fairly pricey to say in the least. 

I expect that the exploding Note 7 issue will be rectified fairly soon, so my vote will go for that or a next gen Nexus device.  

note 7 pros:

bigger screen

higher resolution

expandable storage

bigger battery*

ip68 rated

screen always on

amoled (better battery)

s pen

HEADPHONE JACK

7 plus pros:

probably have better battery life**

the camera on paper sounds epic

doesnt have gorilla glass 5 (seriously i scratched my note 7 after like 3 seconds)

im struggling now..

im a note 7 owner.. even though its sat in its box. im not a fan boy and i can appreciate apple products and i have the option of a refund over a replacement so could get a iphone 7, but im sticking with the note

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb