good pc for 1700 dollars

darkmatter21

Before anyone can assist you in the building of your PC, you need to specify how you will be using the PC. With a budget of 1700$ you could go a few different ways with the build.

I figured I'd make this thread to make life easier for people to give advice and feedback on your proposed system. If you add these simple answer it means we don't have to ask you all this before we can give you answers :)

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

5. Why are you upgrading?

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

Have fun and keep building :)

For 1080p gaming, a $1200 (including the monitor) is more than enough. And with just 120gb space in your SSD you'll find yourself running of space quick even when it's just the apps.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

well the ssd is just for microsoft and 2 to 3 games

now i prefer a 1080p gaming moniture because in belgium 1440p monitore are supper expensive but i will be getting one next year

i would go over budget for more performence

with one monitore

and no peripherals

its my first pc

29 minutes ago, darkmatter21 said:

well the ssd is just for microsoft and 2 to 3 games

now i prefer a 1080p gaming moniture because in belgium 1440p monitore are supper expensive but i will be getting one next year

i would go over budget for more performence

with one monitore

and no peripherals

its my first pc

Ey, got you a build from a Belgium pc store, the website is http://www.bytesatwork.be/

http://imgur.com/a/aVFiJ

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |