What's a better build?

Laxer17

I have 2 builds. I'm using them strictly for editing not gaming at all.

I need to be able to edit 4k and do lots of Vfx and color correction very easily. 

Build 1:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/X4Wfyf

I do have concerns with the motherboard of this build. 

I heard quite a big of negative reviews.  Also I heard Asus has shitty support and am quite worried about mobo breaking and taking down parts with it.

Can someone also tell me what to do with the compatibility issue at the bottom? Is it a big issue or an easy fix? 

Build 2:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KXw7RG

Quite a bit on the cheaper side. 

Also please make recommendations if I should remove the fans that come with the case. 

I need this to last for a WHILE I need extreme reliability and need it to be under $1900 I'm actually kinda stretching it's around $1700 but I think if it's really worth it I can bring it up a bit. 

Thank you. 

Strictly for editing not gaming at all.

Sees 980Ti and 1070

WHAT?

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Sees 980Ti and 1070

WHAT?

Your point? Geforce cards are great the 980ti has more cuda cores and works alot more with older applications. The 1070 is obliviously newer and will probably be consistently getting better with Premiere along with it's high vram. I've made multiple post over the past few weeks and you are the first to bring this up out of probably like 15-20 people. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($368.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($180.65 @ Amazon) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB TURBO Video Card  ($595.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1879.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-10 21:50 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Sees 980Ti and 1070

WHAT?

Probably for rendering.

4 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Sees 980Ti and 1070

WHAT?

GPU acceleration...

@Laxer17, I would go for the first build. ASUS' motherboards are what I'd consider to be the best (in terms of BIOS and VRM implementation) so don't worry about it breaking and taking down your other parts (it won't).

EDIT: I forgot to add that since you're going Broadwell-E, I'd consider getting a Broadwell-E X99 motherboard such as the ASUS X99-A II.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Sees 980Ti and 1070

WHAT?

Even Linus made a video pretty much showing how Quadro cards are not worth it anymore. 

Just now, Laxer17 said:

Even Linus made a video pretty much showing how Quadro cards are not worth it anymore. 

It's because he didn't understand why someone would need a GPU for editing, not Quadro vs GeForce.

Just now, GalacticRuler said:

It's because he didn't understand why someone would need a GPU for editing, not Quadro vs GeForce.

My bad, thanks. I'm surprised you were able to fit a 1080 in. I also gotta pay for windows which is an extra 90 bucks which wasn't on there rip. Do you think the 5820k has a better bang for the buck than the 6800k? 

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

GPU acceleration...

@Laxer17, I would go for the first build. ASUS' motherboards are what I'd consider to be the best (in terms of BIOS and VRM implementation) so don't worry about it breaking and taking down your other parts (it won't).

EDIT: I forgot to add that since you're going Broadwell-E, I'd consider getting a Broadwell-E X99 motherboard such as the ASUS X99-A II.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRdxHN Thanks is the compatibility issue at the bottom an easy fix? I heard it's easy and I just need to update mobo drivers with usb right?

1 minute ago, Laxer17 said:

My bad, thanks. I'm surprised you were able to fit a 1080 in. I also gotta pay for windows which is an extra 90 bucks which wasn't on there rip. Do you think the 5820k has a better bang for the buck than the 6800k? 

They're almost the same except for some newer manufacturing processes for the 6800K. And since the 5820K is $100 cheaper, it's worth it.

You could also get the OS from this site for $30, so you could fit the 1080 in.

1 minute ago, GalacticRuler said:

They're almost the same except for some newer manufacturing processes for the 6800K. And since the 5820K is $100 cheaper, it's worth it.

You could also get the OS from this site for $30, so you could fit the 1080 in.

Someone posted the same thing on one of my post like 2 weeks ago. A mod replied to him telling him that is illegal and referred him to the terms of service. 

Just now, Laxer17 said:

Someone posted the same thing on one of my post like 2 weeks ago. A mod replied to him telling him that is illegal and referred him to the terms of service. 

Since when was that illegal? It's been legal for as long as I can remember, unless something was changed.

9 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

GPU acceleration...

I'd beg to differ, AsRock is much better in terms of VRM and their BIOs are easy to work around.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

8 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'd beg to differ, AsRock is much better in terms of VRM and their BIOs are easy to work around.

I'd argue against that. For example, the ASUS X99-A has 8 true phases whilst the X99 Extreme4/3.1 has 12 virtual (6 doubled) phases. Making the ASUS the better choice in my opinion.

BIOS is a matter of personal opinion to be honest but ASUS remains my favourite.

13 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRdxHN Thanks is the compatibility issue at the bottom an easy fix? I heard it's easy and I just need to update mobo drivers with usb right?

It should be shipped with the correct BIOS because it's intended for Broadwell-E CPUs.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

15 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I'd argue against that. For example, the ASUS X99-A has 8 true phases whilst the X99 Extreme4/3.1 has 12 virtual (6 doubled) phases. Making the ASUS the better choice in my opinion.

BIOS is a matter of personal opinion to be honest but ASUS remains my favourite.

It should be shipped with the correct BIOS because it's intended for Broadwell-E CPUs.

For this build do I have to worry about the compatibility issues? Also should I buy other fans cause the h440's fans go directly into mobo so I won't have control of how loud they are? 

56 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

For this build do I have to worry about the compatibility issues? Also should I buy other fans cause the h440's fans go directly into mobo so I won't have control of how loud they are? 

No, all parts should work together. Of course, you could grab some other fans but the stock fans that come with the H440 should be fine.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

GPU acceleration...

Sorry to keep replying but I still feel a bit skeptical about the A ii mobo. The first version has way more views and better reviews. The second generation has "ehh" reviews and I'm still afraid of it breaking within the first year. Should I be?? Do you honestly think it's the best mobo for my configuration or have any other suggestions that are way more reliable? Thanks

3 hours ago, Laxer17 said:

Sorry to keep replying but I still feel a bit skeptical about the A ii mobo. The first version has way more views and better reviews. The second generation has "ehh" reviews and I'm still afraid of it breaking within the first year. Should I be?? Do you honestly think it's the best mobo for my configuration or have any other suggestions that are way more reliable? Thanks

You have to remember that most reviews (I'm assuming you meant customer ones) are made up the of minority of users who have had problems with the product and not the majority. Plus, it's reasonable to see it has less views because it's a newer product...

I honestly think it's the best choice in terms of quality/reliability.

Spoiler