Virtualbox only 32 bit guests

Ciderino

I'm trying to run a 64 bit guest in Virtualbox, but only have the 32bit options.

I have VT-x enabled and am running Win 10 on a i7 3770k (no VT-d).

Hyper-V is disabled.

When reading up I read that some other program could be using VT-x and be "taking it away" from VB.

Is there any way to check for that possibility? (googling din't really help with that...)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Check if you have an option for VT-d and look for anything like "Intel Virtualization Technology". You have said Hyper-V is off... Im going to assume you are using a 64-bit OS for the host.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

11 minutes ago, Altecice said:

Check if you have an option for VT-d and look for anything like "Intel Virtualization Technology". You have said Hyper-V is off... Im going to assume you are using a 64-bit OS for the host.

Yeah I run on a 64bit host. My processor does not support VT-d though. 64 bit guests should still be possible without VT-d or is that not the case and the reason for the problems I face?

59 minutes ago, Ciderino said:

Yeah I run on a 64bit host. My processor does not support VT-d though. 64 bit guests should still be possible without VT-d or is that not the case and the reason for the problems I face?

Well thats your issue, the CPU must support Virtualization for the BIOS setting to have any effect. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

On 9/10/2016 at 6:53 PM, Altecice said:

Well thats your issue, the CPU must support Virtualization for the BIOS setting to have any effect. 

But it does support VT-x just not VT-d. I do not plan on vga pass through or anything like it.

Under Linux virtualization on the same system works flawlessly.