iTX Budget Build

Hello guys

I have a little question for y'all, if you were going to college this year, and you had a budget of 750$ to build an iTX to take to your dorm and use it as your PC, what would you build?

I am going to college this month and am thinking of building a new iTX rig, not sure about that yet, I could use some of the parts I have in my current build, but I'd like to get something new.

This what I have in mind.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC  Video Card  ($249.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case  ($85.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($51.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $768.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-08 09:43 EDT-0400

I live in Portugal, but pricing isn't that different, the only difference is the currency. The Evolv iTX is a placeholder for a Node 304 that costs around the same but in euro (84E).

Also the GPU I would get is rather a Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 4GB, I just used that XFX reference model because, as the case, it costs around the same, but in our currency.

What do you think? Would it be enough or would be overkill? (I think so) Should I rather save some money and buy an used GPU like a 380X? So many questions, sorry, I'm a bit rusty ATM.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I'd want a power supply that won't blow up my PC and drown my campus in biblical hellfire. If you're in Europe, shoot for something from Super Flower or SeaSonic. Affordable, well-built, quality power supply series' include SeaSonic's S12ii and ECO series, and Super Flower's Golden Green HHX series.

An RX 480 shouldn't be worth that much- especially not a reference card. Those are atrociously noisy too.

If you can afford to pay $250 for a graphics card, get a GTX 1060. That's the starting retail price for board partner 1060s, and many of them actually sell for that much. If not, the 3GB 1060 is just a couple of frames behind the 6GB version, and it catches up when a slight overclock is applied. It also goes for $200.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

I'd want a power supply that won't blow up my PC and drown my campus in biblical hellfire. If you're in Europe, shoot for something from Super Flower or SeaSonic. Affordable, well-built, quality power supply series' include SeaSonic's S12ii and ECO series, and Super Flower's Golden Green HHX series.

I don't know were you heard that the 600B would burst into flames like a chinese PSU without any ratings, but ok, my XFX 450W Core Edition is running just fine for the last 2 years.

I was actually going for a 500B, but since you mention it, the S12II 520W is just a tad more expensive.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

An RX 480 shouldn't be worth that much- especially not a reference card. Those are atrociously noisy too.

If you can afford to pay $250 for a graphics card, get a GTX 1060. That's the starting retail price for board partner 1060s, and many of them actually sell for that much. If not, the 3GB 1060 is just a couple of frames behind the 6GB version, and it catches up when a slight overclock is applied. It also goes for $200.

As I said in the first post

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Also the GPU I would get is rather a Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 4GB, I just used that XFX reference model because, as the case, it costs around the same, but in our currency.

A 3GB GTX 1060 is 10E more expensive than the RX 480 mentioned... IDK

Thanks tho

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I don't know were you heard that the 600B would burst into flames like a chinese PSU without any ratings, but ok, my XFX 450W Core Edition is running just fine for the last 2 years.

I was actually going for a 500B, but since you mention it, the S12II 520W is just a tad more expensive.

As I said in the first post

A 3GB GTX 1060 is 10E more expensive than the RX 480 mentioned... IDK

Thanks tho

Got a friend whose 600B failed and might have taken out a few other components. He hasn't sourced another power supply yet, so I suppose he'll find out.