Increasing fan RPM barely lowers my temps (with 280mm rad)

Hi, I have 2x Noctua iPPC 2000 pwm fans attached to my radiator and when I put them on full instead of lowest, the temps barely drop. Is something wrong or is this normal?

I'm running a 6700k at 4.7ghz with 1.360v using the Cryorig A80 AIO! My temperature gets to 58c max when stressing only the CPU in AIDA64, it gets a few degrees higher if I add the FPU, cache, disk, GPU benches on top.

Maybe crank up your pump speed?

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

Just now, Ernest_L said:

Maybe crank up your pump speed?

Pump speed is not controllable with this AIO, it's pretty quiet but always at 100%

I don't think anything is wrong with the setup but I was expecting 400 RPM vs 1700+ to make a difference, I saw only a 2-3c drop!

1 minute ago, DreamcastFan said:

Pump speed is not controllable with this AIO, it's pretty quiet but always at 100%

I don't think anything is wrong with the setup but I was expecting 400 RPM vs 1700+ to make a difference, I saw only a 2-3c drop!

That probably means your pump isn't really powerful enough

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

1 minute ago, Ernest_L said:

That probably means your pump isn't really powerful enough

I see, hmm, interesting... I mean I'm very happy with my temps, I was just surprised that making my PC sound like a wind tunnel doesn't really change the temperatures at all

Maybe I shouldn't be complaining that my PC is cool, almost silent under full load at lowest RPMs lol

would you like me to actualy explain this? A good AIO will not reduce your normal temperature...

What it will do is reduce your extreme temp, as it evens out the temperature across the system.

4 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

would you like me to actualy explain this? A good AIO will not reduce your normal temperature...

What it will do is reduce your extreme temp, as it evens out the temperature across the system.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it with the more hungry benchmarks (full AIDA64) and see if it's worth increasing my radiator fans or not

Glad to know nothing is wrong at least

Water cooled systems take some time to even temp across the system, air cooled is good for instant response but quite often doesn't have the extreme headroom.

You see this a lot in tech channel's benchmarks. The basics don't show much, but when you push serious numbers the AIO's start wrecking shit.

w/ a decend air and or watercooler theres always a peak low temperature ,

i get the same temp on my FX in aida64 when the fan is on 30% or on 100% , its a physical limitation i suppose , it peaks at 59~60c 

the only way i can think of improving on that is delidding or LN2 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list