PS4 Pro announced along with Slim model

asim1999
2 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Ya know, I've tried that with 3 different televisions.  They all looked horrendous.  Like opening your eyes underwater without goggles.  I'd rather not game at all than suffer that.  Either you'd need a new television, so if we're talking about normal people that didn't just buy everything they own this year, or a particularly good(ie expensive) one over the last couple of years, then I don't see that as a realistic default solution.

I've tried it with 5 different sets: my  deceased CRT TV, one from 2009 720p, two from last year 1080p and the TV i have now 4K, all worked flawlessly

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You do realise that you could get a cheap USB adaptor and use your Original Xbox controller, or get the wireless adaptor for the Xbox 360 controller (its the best gamepad I've ever used BTW). $35 AUD at the most, even for an Xbox 360 style controller.

That's assuming you have an XBOX controller of some kind already - which you shouldn't assume.

You'll also note that in the very post you quoted, I state how yes, you can indeed use a Controller - which is an additional expense. I didn't claim the expense was going to bankrupt you or anything.

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

Then don't play RTS, is not like people who think to buy consoles and one days goes "OH! you know what? instead of buying the probox 5 i'll get a PC instead" where going to play RTSs and all multi platform work with controllers on PC to begin with 

For one thing, there are some console RTS games (though admittedly, very few), but they have the benefit of having the UI and control/gameplay mechanics tailored around the peripheral expected: A controller.

Most multiplatforms work with controllers. And some don't automatically have mapping, thus you have to manually configure everything. In some cases, you even need to download a third party utility to get things working properly.

I have an XB360 controller (3 of them actually) for my Gaming PC - so I know first hand that not every game works well out of the box, even ones that would naturally benefit from a controller. Newer games DO tend to be better at this though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Most multiplatforms work with controllers. And some don't automatically have mapping,

name one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

22 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You do realise that you could get a cheap USB adaptor and use your Original Xbox controller

What convoluted universe do you live in where you suggest all of that, including hacking the classic Xbox controller to work after acquiring an adaptor over say... The bog standard wired Xbox 360 gamepad that's available in a million stores?  Ya know, as much fun as digging through used game stores for a classic Xbox controller and then getting an adaptor online some place sounds. o.O

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

name one

Fallout 4 had issues with Controller:

Now I will clarify my statement:

All AAA games probably (I say probably, because I've not played every AAA game, and I'm not digging Google to try and check every single one, so I'll just take your word for it, and assume every AAA game has XInput support) have rudimentary Controller Support. But that doesn't necessarily make it good.

See the video above, where when walking slowly, there's stutter every in-game foot or so.

Now, a lot of these issues are fixed in patches post launch. But not always. I cannot say for FO4, since I don't own the game. But the comments section shows how the guy who posted the video tried a number of different things to try and eliminate the stutter.

Plus, older games have TERRIBLE and very mixed support for Controller. Some lack it completely, and others that have it, you cannot remap buttons, and/or many actions aren't pre-mapped and cannot be mapped at all without third party utilities.

A good example of this is FreeSpace 2. Now, that's a damn old game. True. But I'm talking about the GoG.com edition, which has been patched and updated for modern OS (incl. Windows 10) support. You need to run a utility that passes on button presses into keyboard presses, or something (I really can't say how these utilities work). Without said utility, some basic functions work, but half of the controls are missing.

But I digress, this is getting way besides the point. You're trying to dictate how other people want to play their games.

Who cares if someone wants to use an XBO or PS4? Who cares if that person finds good value in XBL and PSPlus? People talk a lot about how this was never an issue in the PS2 days and earlier console gens, but how many PS2 games even had Online Multiplayer?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_online_games

Okay, so that list looks impressive - maybe 100-200 titles?

There are over 1850 PS2 games. So that's between 5-10% of them. Not a very big number. Each MP solution had to be fully custom made by the dev, and there was no service or system to make designing MP easier.

A lot of people will note that PS3 didn't have it either. That's true. And while this is entirely subjective, but many people believed that XBL MP features were superior to PS3 MP features, with better integration, etc. I didn't own PS3, so I'll leave this as a subjective point only.

But the tl;dr of it is, people are voting with their wallets. They find PSPlus and XBL useful, and are willing to pay the price. Most of those people either also play on PC, or don't want to bother with the hassle associated with PC.

And that's cool. PC isn't going away because of it. If anything, the PC Gaming industry is getting bigger and stronger, despite Consoles also selling very well. The Gaming Industry itself is expanding and growing, and that's great for everyone.

Why some of you feel the need to try and paint console gamers as either villains or simpletons who are being taken advantage of, is besides me.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

What convoluted universe do you live in where you suggest all of that, including hacking the classic Xbox controller to work after acquiring an adaptor over say... The bog standard wired Xbox 360 gamepad that's available in a million stores?  Ya know, as much fun as digging through used game stores for a classic Xbox controller and then getting an adaptor online some place sounds. o.O

Note that I mentioned the adaptor for the both the original (S) and 360 controller-either way, its cheap and easy to get a controller for a PC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Note that I mentioned the adaptor for the both the original (S) and 360 controller-either way, its cheap and easy to get a controller for a PC.

Yeah but there's also a wired 360 controller and it's cheaper than the wireless one.  I'm baffled as to why you'd suggest a Classic Xbox controller, the controller for a machine that was EOLed in 2005, that few people would have on hand and NOT the wired 360 pad that is still in stores today.  Just seems... Ya know, crazy. o.O

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah but there's also a wired 360 controller and it's cheaper than the wireless one.  I'm baffled as to why you'd suggest a Classic Xbox controller, the controller for a machine that was EOLed in 2005, that few people would have on hand and NOT the wired 360 pad that is still in stores today.  Just seems... Ya know, crazy. o.O

Could you start reading what I post fully?

51 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You do realise that you could get a cheap USB adaptor and use your Original Xbox controller, or get the wireless adaptor for the Xbox 360 controller (its the best gamepad I've ever used BTW). $35 AUD at the most, even for an Xbox 360 style controller.

Whichever option gets chosen, you still end up with a console/console style gamepad that you can use on your PC.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Could you start reading what I post fully?

Whichever option gets chosen, you still end up with a console/console style gamepad that you can use on your PC.

Yeah, no 'Xbox 360 Style Controller' is just referring to any of many XInput compatible PC gamepads.  It still doesn't excuse you going for your crazy cobbled together Classic Controller idea and then jumping to 360 Wireless.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, no 'Xbox 360 Style Controller' is just referring to any of many XInput compatible PC gamepads.  It still doesn't excuse you going for your crazy cobbled together Classic Controller idea and then jumping to 360 Wireless.

They are all options.......AKA you choose what's best for you.

PMSL

46 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

They are all options.......AKA you choose what's best for you.

Indeed, choice is important. Like those who choose console gaming. Unlike some of us, they see value in that system, and the way it operates. And it's okay that they do.