Budget PC build (will upgrade after 8 months approx)

atiq666

Hi guys

So I am thinking about building a PC. Just to let you all know that this is my second post, this was my previous post:

So i recently came to know that intel's new processors are coming in 2017 and as you know that there are some bugs in the 6th gen intel processors so i was thinking if i can grab a cheap motherboard and processor bundle (amd or intel) or B150 Asus Aura mobo with a low spec-ed processor like pentium g4400/i3 6th gen (or something in the same lineup) and wait for 7th generation processor to come (as 6th gen and 7th gen intel processors support LGA 1151).

You might want to ask why, the reason being when the 7th generation processor will come people will not buy 6th gen as they are bugged or maybe they will but there might be a very big price drop. So if i buy something cheap let's say a £60 processor, £60 processor and mobo combo I wouldn't mind if I even throw it away/sell it when the 7th generation processor will be available in the market. Maybe I can sell it on ebay or gumtree or craigslist.

So my questions are:

a. what do you think of my idea? is it good? bad? can you guys recommend me something?

b. if its a good idea, which processors do you recommend using? so that I can look for combos or the processor itself in my local shops/amazon.

Just to let you all know the rest of my PC parts will be the same regardless of which processor or mobo I will be choosing.

They are as follows:

Ram: HyperX fury DDR4 2400Mhz (i might have to choose DDR3 due to lower spec-ed recommendations and I am totally fine with it)

GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6GB OC

case and PSU: Fractal Define Nano S with 500 or 550 watt PSU PSU

Storage: 240GB SSD from kingston V300

Also I will be upgrading the mobo and the processor after 8 months (approx by that time new 7th gen will hit the shelves)

Thanks for your time reading my ideas.

Cheers!!

i would go with a i5 6600k as the best bang for the buck Cpu atm as its cheaper and supports DDR4 as for motherBoard i would go with the Asus Z170 - A 

but i doubt you will find a combo of a cheap cpu and motherboard that supports DDR4

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

get something cheap like an 4th gen i5 or even older used because now buying an h150 mobo wont help you even though it has lga 1511 7th gen need the new z270 chipset and there low end equivalent..

Just now, Xx_MadJack_xX said:

i would go with a i5 6600k as the best bang for the buck Cpu atm as its cheaper and supports DDR4 as for motherBoard i would go with the Asus Z170 - A 

but i doubt you will find a combo of a cheap cpu and motherboard that supports DDR4

The only problem we have is that the i5 I'd  a good cpu and if you're going to upgrade to the 7th generation next year anyway maybe look at some 4th gen as they are still going strong. If not they yes the 6600/k would be good but then again look down a bit in the 6th i5s and see if you can find a good deal!

39 minutes ago, Xx_MadJack_xX said:

I was thinking of that but as I have said before that I dont want to buy a 6th gen processor as it will cost £230 pounds and when the 7th gen comes the price will drop significantly because of the drawbacks of 6th gens. So I was looking for something cheap in that way even if I throw it away I wouldn't mind a lot.

Also I dont mind using a DDR3 for the time being. As after 8 months I will sell the mobo ram and the processor and get DDR4 and 7th gen Processor

28 minutes ago, Jure Macek said:

i7 4750

seems like thats a laptop CPU