Possible Shenanigans with Comcast Data Cap meter

I pay Sky UK £20pm for 40Mbps Fibre and it's totally unlimited. 

Seriously I once DLed about 500GB in less than a week, I expected at least a letter/email from them about excessive usage but nope, nothing. 

I feel sorry for my brothers across the pond, your ISPs really do suck hairy donkey balls. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

17 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

And probably unpopular opinion, I don't mind data caps IF done right. If ISP's offered a reasonable monthly cap and actually made the monthly fee MUCH cheaper than uncapped contracts then I have no problems with it. 

Have a government body overlook the data metrics, throttle the Internet (reasonably) instead of overcharging at the end of the cap or at the very least set up a limit where you just cut the connection instead of letting chargers collect to a ridiculous level. 

That would be enough to make it work and not become the miss that is comcast data caps.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks like they're just copying what telco's already do here in Australia. It would be nice to have no data cap here in Australia, although admittedly the internet speeds here are so bad that it's almost impossible to reach the limit.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

What's irritating as well, is ISP advertising a service at a set speed, and charging you as if the service was running at that speed, when they know full well (and will even tell you) what speed your internet connection actually is.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL