Best headphones for $100

Soopernova67
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
1 minute ago, Soopernova67 said:

Is there a big difference in the sound between the 558 and the 598?

nah they are like 95% the same without the mod and 99.999% the same with the mod

On 9/6/2016 at 2:54 PM, Dackzy said:

so they are 10-20$ cheaper than new HD558 on ebay. This might just be me, but I would be willing to pay 10-20$ more and get the HD558, because they are new and they are black, but this is really on the edge. I would clean the pads on the used ones...

i opened up my hd558s and found that the previous owner already applied the mod

On 9/6/2016 at 1:36 PM, Soopernova67 said:

I'm looking for a good pair of of headphones for around $100 or less. I will mainly be using them for listening to a wide variety of music and for gaming. I was thinking about getting the Sennheiser hd 558 headphones but I was wondering if there would be a better option. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the 558s. My first pair, and after using them for a few months, I can say that they are decent. IMO they lack bass, but apparently they are bass-heavy; I probably just need an AMP/DAC. Either way, my only advice is not to buy used like I did.

2 minutes ago, akskl said:

I have the 558s. My first pair, and after using them for a few months, I can say that they are decent. IMO they lack bass, but apparently they are bass-heavy; I probably just need an AMP/DAC. Either way, my only advice is not to buy used like I did.

they are open headphones so they are not made for bass

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2016 at 2:32 PM, Dackzy said:

the pads on the SHP9500 are also fixed into place

How to change the pads on the SHP9500's, the correct way:

Also the SHP9500's keep going on sale for under $60 with free shipping on newegg and ebay. Newegg has them open box for $50 with free shipping.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:06 PM, Soopernova67 said:

I'm looking for a good pair of of headphones for around $100 or less. I will mainly be using them for listening to a wide variety of music and for gaming. I was thinking about getting the Sennheiser hd 558 headphones but I was wondering if there would be a better option. Any help would be appreciated.

sennheiser hd558 is a giant but i'll suggest u to check out jlabs audio too