HELP! Is there a way to mod a mouse to make the click silent?

greaves1111

Weird question. I work in an open office setting, meaning that I don't have a private cubical. The guy that sits directly to my right has a strange habit of highlighting text as he's reading it. As a result, he clicks his mouse button like 30 goddamn times in a row. It stops for a few minutes, then he does it again. It's to the point that it's driving me crazy. I just don't want to say anything to him because I like the guy. I usually put in my headphones, but I recently broke them (they were cheap ones from the pharmacy). I just haven't gotten a new pair yet. I think I better run get something on my lunch break because this is really grinding my gears, especially after a long weekend.

Anyway, I want to just open up his mouse and take out whatever it is that causes that clicking. Is it possible???

25 minutes ago, AuraDesru said:

You could get him logitech's silent mouse.

You can't remove the switches from his mouse because it would render it useless. 

I figured, but it was worth a shot! Unless I can expense a silent mouse, that's not an option lol. Thanks for the response guys