Whats my next step?

Ru5h
1 minute ago, Starglider said:

@All whom believe memory mhz makes that much of a difference, I don't agree and you wont change my oppinion till I see benchmarks which counter what I have seen.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6372/memory-performance-16gb-ddr31333-to-ddr32400-on-ivy-bridge-igp-with-gskill/8

As much as 12fps.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

@jw tell it to someone whom cares, I don't. text on a screen to me... just like the rest of the code I write all day long. The code matters however :P

@All whom believe memory mhz makes that much of a difference, I don't agree and you wont change my oppinion till I see benchmarks which counter what I have seen.

Or prehaps believe the masses? I mean if multiple people say that, then there must be some significant or noticeable difference.

Bigger number = better performance

except for one of the architectures that came out a while back which made the CPUS worse. 

Can, but only if you got seriously shit / old hardware, you dont, can help in cpu based rendering etc, but gpu memory should be more of a priority for this.

2 minutes ago, Starglider said:

Can, but only if you got seriously shit / old hardware, you dont, can help in cpu based rendering etc, but gpu memory should be more of a priority for this.

That guy is the second video has an i7 4790k with 2 gtx 980ti. not old hardware 

you got my recommendation... your call... :)
Doing some google fu and YT watching will help you come to your own conculsion, for me, that's mine. And I'm willing to stake a whole pint of beer on 1800 vs 2400 when playing a game you wont notice the difference. It's only £20 to £50 (ish lol like I know all the prices) difference anyway, so nothing to worry about. Want the best? go for the best.. etc

you got my recommendation... your call... :)
Doing some google fu and YT watching will help you come to your own conculsion, for me, that's mine. And I'm willing to stake a whole pint of beer on 1800 vs 2400 when playing a game you wont notice the difference. It's only £20 to £50 (ish lol like I know all the prices) difference anyway, so nothing to worry about. Want the best? go for the best.. etc

Yeah, I getchu, no hard feelings, just a civil disagreement, I still need a recommendation for that PSU you know. Is corsair any good? 

ADDITIONAL: There are ratings, gold, platinum etc, but on lower wattage the higher ratings dont appear often but when they do they come with a huge cost (from what I looked at in the past). THis is efficiency rating, higher watt also can run silent fan, but i wouldnt bother with that (lots would disagree lol, my opinion), saving at the end of the day on the electricity bill are negligible. 

But if you want to go hardcore, google performance curves on your wat requirement and make sure you land in the middle and get the best rating you can for optimal efficiency for you.

PSUs I currently own:
Corsair HX 1000W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-1000HXUK)

Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU - Black UV (CA-005-HP)

SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1000W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply - Black

All 3 are still going, the corsair is now about 8 years old, still going, uses a lot of juice.

Hiper is about 5 years old, still going.

SuperFlower in my main machine (2 years old now, least use on elecy), silent, quite nice, got lights on connectors, but I don't care about that stuff.

Just now, Starglider said:

PSUs I currently own:
Corsair HX 1000W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-1000HXUK)

Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU - Black UV (CA-005-HP)

SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1000W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply - Black

All 3 are still going, the corsair is now about 8 years old, still going, uses a lot of juice.

Hiper is about 5 years old, still going.

SuperFlower in my main machine, silent, quite nice, got lights on connectors, but I don't care about that stuff.

Which one is the most expensive?

I got the Corsair cheap, back then PSUs were a lot cheaper.

Hiper was quite cheap also but very good, but not enough Watts for my work machine, now on test machine.

SuperFlower is the best I've had (includes more than list of what I currently own, things have been sold, exchanged etc) and got to date, also most expensive. But I needed the juice for: 8 HD WD, 2 SSD, GTX980, 2 internal powered usb hubs.

Just now, Starglider said:

I got the Corsair cheap, back then PSUs were a lot cheaper.

Hiper was quite cheap also but very good, but not enough Watts for my work machine, now on test machine.

SuperFlower is the best I've had (includes more than list of what I currently own, things have been sold, exchanged etc) and got to date, also most expensive.

I have a some decisions to make huh? 

NOTE: 2HDs / SSDs, 1xGFX card only requires a low wat psu

I'm gonna make a Pcpartpicker, i'll post it in 5 minutes. 

Your spec my thoughts:

1. CPU, i would go for an i7, I've never gone for less (i 5 should be fine, but I work and play on my machines)

2. CPU cooler, looks fine, should be fine

3. Mobo, looks fine

4. memory fine

5. Storage, you wont go wrong with Hitachi usually, I always go for 2nd prize manufacturer with Western Digital as I've never had one fail on me (but now on SSDs, corsair SSD failed, now got 3 samsung SSDs and all going well). 1 for Desktop drive (remapped), 1 for boot, 1 for work, rest for steam, storage and backup x 2 mirror.

6. GFX yes nice but would wait for 1100 series.

7. case ... dont matter i would go for enthoo pro, mid tower, spacous, easy cable management etc, corsair has some nice options also, my old old cooler master used to slice my hands with paper / metal cuts, but was ok, but nothing compared to the enthoo pro mid tower.

8. PSU, looks good, this should be worked out by you what you need, so should be fine, 580 maybe 600, always go for over not exact.

Spec I want to build for when the 1180ti / 1180 is released:

1. Latest i7 @ 4ghz base, boost dont care...

2. Ram 32GB (work, 16GB home)

3. Mobo, dont care, as long as I got 1 PCIE port at best speed, rest I dont care about. I also like to have about 8 usb ports, 2+, i would like to put my own hub in on the case so i get 2 x usb 3 and 2 usb 2.0 on the front.

4. PSU I need 800 so I buy 1000

Rest of the machine is pretty much re-usable from my old build, bar ram, but you already know what I feel about that.

Most importantly, do this mid next year or when the 1100 series pascal comes out, the gfx boost from 980 will be exceptional then.

That's my view.. Hope it helps :)

Your spec my thoughts:

1. CPU, i would go for an i7, I've never gone for less (i 5 should be fine, but I work and play on my machines)

3. Mobo, looks fine

4. memory fine

5. Storage, you wont go wrong with Hitachi usually, I always go for 2nd prize manufacturer with Western Digital as I've never had one fail on me (but now on SSDs, corsair SSD failed, now got 3 samsung SSDs and all going well). 1 for Desktop drive (remapped), 1 for boot, 1 for work, rest for steam, storage and backup x 2 mirror.

7. case ... dont matter i would go for enthoo pro, mid tower, spacous, easy cable management etc, corsair has some nice options also, my old old cooler master used to slice my hands with paper / metal cuts, but was ok, but nothing compared to the enthoo pro mid tower.

8. PSU, looks good, this should be worked out by you what you need, so should be fine, 580 maybe 600, always go for over not exact.

1. Unfortunately I don't have the money to splash on an i7 but the i5 will do fine for gaming as it doesn't bottleneck. 

2. The HDD is what i found to be the cheapest because you can't go wrong with an HDD. too badly, and I have my own SSD 

3. My GPU can be excluded for an RX 480 because it allows my wallet to breathe. 

4. The case I didn't know, I don't particularly know whats good or not

5. the psu is the same as above, not too knowledgeable on that 

Your spec my thoughts:

3. Mobo, looks fine

4. memory fine

1. Unfortunately I don't have the money to splash on an i7 but the i5 will do fine for gaming as it doesn't bottleneck. 

2. The HDD is what i found to be the cheapest because you can't go wrong with an HDD. too badly, and I have my own SSD 

1 minute ago, Ru5h said:

1. i5 game will be fine (i've never had one)

2. HDD, My Western Digital holds my steam games and is fine, I do have fallout 4 installed on the boot drive (ssd), but it doesnt really shorten the load times that much (1, 2 seconds at a rare time).

3. Wait till ;)

4. Check out the enthoo (can get link if you want?)

5. PSU is fine.

4 minutes ago, Starglider said:

1. i5 game will be fine (i've never had one)

2. HDD, My Western Digital holds my steam games and is fine, I do have fallout 4 installed on the boot drive (ssd), but it doesnt really shorten the load times that much (1, 2 seconds at a rare time).

3. Wait till ;)

4. Check out the enthoo (can get link if you want?)

5. PSU is fine.

Do all the components come with screws etc?

PUS, can vary, I've had a few with none, but I had screws left over with the case I could use.

GFX card, case screws inside should be available (plates on rear should have screws holding them in).

HDs come with screws, not but have had plenty which screws dont fit well.

SSD, no screws, had to find my own.

Case, choose a decent case and you wont need any.

Mobo, can come with standing mounts, if not on the board or needed.

Fan / Water cooling cpu pump, should have all the bits and screws, but i've had 3 which had them missing.