How to change network connection priority in Windows 10

Nyleen
1 minute ago, blu4 said:

I believe if you connect your device with a cable, it defaults to that, even if it shows that it's connected over wifi.

Yeh but the guide even shows that I can set my priority to a wireless WiFi network over Ethernet. Which is exactly my goal here as I use WiFi on windows and my Ethernet connection in my Virtual Box.

The easiest way to do this in windows 10 that's reliable is to change the interface metric, the interface with the lowest metric will take precedence

EDIT: You can do that on the Network Sharing Centre > Network Connections > Device properties > Internet Protocol V4 > Properties > Advanced

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Adraen said:

The easiest way to do this in windows 10 that's reliable is to change the interface metric, the interface with the lowest metric will take precedence

Capture.PNG

Could you explain how to do that?

Just now, Adraen said:

I edited the post above to explain, don't know why the screenshot isn't showing though ... 

Upload it to Gyazo perhaps?

Not very much worth it, it's a screenshot of the network settings ... Just modify the adapter you want to have priority with a low metric (for instance 10) and the other adapters with a metric above that (11, 12 ...).

4 minutes ago, Adraen said:

I edited the post above to explain, don't know why the screenshot isn't showing though ... 

I got it. Thanks