AMD A8 5600K can't handle Overwatch

19 hours ago, Enderman said:

A 212 evo would be a good improvement.

But first try dusting and changing thermal paste.

thanks man it was the temps!

19 hours ago, Caruso said:

I did it yesterday and nothing showed up (Malwarebytes, Avast and CCleaner)

http://i.imgur.com/BvQAFpW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BYpxin9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y0XdMBf.jpg

svchost -> windows update, and probably a broken one. If your PC continues to ave a core pegged to svchost no matter how long, and you don't get any updates anymore (try running Windows Update manually and see if it scans successfully for new updates or just continue searching forever).

If your windows update is broken, you can fix it using "windows update offline" (google wsusoffline). Or you can look for a user in this forum with a link to a Windows 7 iso in his signature from before Microsoft broke it.

28 minutes ago, Caruso said:

thanks man it was the temps!

yay :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

31 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

svchost -> windows update, and probably a broken one. If your PC continues to ave a core pegged to svchost no matter how long, and you don't get any updates anymore (try running Windows Update manually and see if it scans successfully for new updates or just continue searching forever).

If your windows update is broken, you can fix it using "windows update offline" (google wsusoffline). Or you can look for a user in this forum with a link to a Windows 7 iso in his signature from before Microsoft broke it.

It seems like I have them deactivate, is it convenient to activate them?

6 minutes ago, Caruso said:

It seems like I have them deactivate, is it convenient to activate them?

You may want to check for updates even if you don't install all of them, just in case there is something important (I guess most people will tell you yes, it's life and death, the full Anonymous will enter your computer if you don't, but well, the truth is some updates will fix some serious security issues, some updates will break your system, and most updates won't do either).

But it's not fundamental for your problem, and it seems better cooling solved it. I'm just intrigued what svchost is doing then (unfortunately, many things will show up as svchost, it's just that whenever I had a problem with it, it was the updates).

23 hours ago, Enderman said:

You need to fix your cooling first of all if it is reaching 110C.

I believe it's pretty common for these APU's to report ridiculous temperatures that are inaccurate.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

11 hours ago, sgloux3470 said:

I believe it's pretty common for these APU's to report ridiculous temperatures that are inaccurate.

Yes indeed, the only one that seems to read them well is Afterburner, but since I didn't find any other software that can read them I can't tell if Afterburner is accurate or not. Maybe I can compare it with BIOS temps... 

14 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You may want to check for updates even if you don't install all of them, just in case there is something important (I guess most people will tell you yes, it's life and death, the full Anonymous will enter your computer if you don't, but well, the truth is some updates will fix some serious security issues, some updates will break your system, and most updates won't do either).

But it's not fundamental for your problem, and it seems better cooling solved it. I'm just intrigued what svchost is doing then (unfortunately, many things will show up as svchost, it's just that whenever I had a problem with it, it was the updates).

I think the process is from a notification that I have new updates. I'll le it do the thing tonight