Help need a gaming build hows this???

Kozz2

So I have this PC build where can I cut down and I was told with the 4k graphics card and the monitor is 1080p it would be fine is it too expensive? where are some improvements for this build?

**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $227.99 @ SuperBiiz 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] $24.88 @ OutletPC 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $93.98 @ Newegg 
**Memory** | [Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $38.88 @ OutletPC 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $47.49 @ OutletPC 
**Video Card** | [MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card] | $273.98 @ Newegg 
**Case** | [DIYPC J180-BL ATX Mid Tower Case] | $39.89 @ Newegg 
**Power Supply** | [Rosewill 500W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $64.99 @ Newegg 
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer]| $16.88 @ OutletPC 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit| $88.88 @ OutletPC 
**Wireless Network Adapter** | [Edimax EW-7822UAC USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter] | $26.99 @ B&H 
**Keyboard** | [Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse| $36.40 @ Amazon 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | Total (before mail-in rebates) | $1041.23
 | Mail-in rebates | -$60.00
 | **Total** | **$981.23**
 Monitor {HP Pavilion 2310m Monitor} is this compatible with everything?

Don't buy a last gen video card. Get a current gen Polaris or pascal car, like an rx480 or a gtx1070. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

Don't buy a last gen video card. Get a current gen Polaris or pascal car, like an rx480 or a gtx1070. 

there's so many with that chipset which one do you recommend?

Just now, bgibbz said:

1 minute ago, Kozz2 said:

Any RX 470/480

A GTX 1060 is around the price of the RX 480 

MSI do good RX builds 

EVGA for 1060

Spoiler

My Main Driver:

Intel i3-6100

Asrock Z170 Extreme4

8Gb DDR4-2400 Crucial Sport Lt

Buying AMD Rx 480

Phanteks P400 in white

Evga 650 Modular

GTX 1060, games like a boss

if you want to be cheep RX 480, cheep and games like a boss

your choise, cheep and hot or little bit over board and cool

depends on where you live

for example i live in Australia, AMD is not popular here, mainly because they don't survive long

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

At the same price range you can get the RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 or you can move money to better MB, PSU or peripherals by tuning down and getting RX 470 8GB (MSI) or even get RX 480/470 4GB version. There really isn't a big difference between RX 480 and RX 470.

If I needed to choose I would probably pay the few bucks more for the GTX 1060 and if I needed to go with AMD I would go down to the RX 470.

RX 480 $200

great card and cheep

PSU needs to be something else

check jonnyguru.com they know what they are talking about....

or go with this build still $1000 and gets a better GPU, but you can't OC

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/C2tdD8

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

18 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

At the same price range you can get the RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 or you can move money to better MB, PSU or peripherals by tuning down and getting RX 470 8GB (MSI) or even get RX 480/470 4GB version. There really isn't a big difference between RX 480 and RX 470.

If I needed to choose I would probably pay the few bucks more for the GTX 1060 and if I needed to go with AMD I would go down to the RX 470.

Would it benefit me more to change the card or keep the one I plan on buying, and how much is to much for a mb and what psu do you recomend?

Just now, fiberzs is dad said:

go to Reddit or kinguin/g2a to get windows cheaper around 20-30 usd

its just the oem key though

how would i install it to my new computer

Why the optical drive? 

Get an ssd, even a cheap 120Gb will be so much better then just the 1Tb.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

Why the optical drive? 

Optical Drive and why get less storge what does the ssd do and where does it go

4 minutes ago, Kozz2 said:

Optical Drive and why get less storge what does the ssd do and where does it go

Use it along with the 1Tb hdd, but load the OS onto the ssd, and keep bigger files and programs like games on the bigger 1Tb drive.

With an ssd it make windows a lot smoother, and reduces boot times, as well as takes off load from the 1Tb.

EDIT: the optical drive is the dvd player.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Why the optical drive? 

So is 500G sufficent for an ssd and how much should I pay and what should i look out for.

6 hours ago, Kozz2 said:

Would it benefit me more to change the card or keep the one I plan on buying, and how much is to much for a mb and what psu do you recomend?

Yes, it would benefit you to change the GPU to the new gen GPU. If you look at the numbers you might get a little suspicious, but rememebr that RX series has a newer architechture than the R9 series which means you cannot directry compare the specs but rather you need to compare the benchmarks where RX 470 4GB is quite on the par with R9 390 8GB, but cost around 50-100$ less and has the support for newest technologies. Also, if I looked right, the MSI R9 390 8GB goes with a pricetag of 289$, so you can save money even with a RX 480 8GB (Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB 279$ and reference cooled MSI RX 480 8GB 239$, from newegg). And, just mentioning, R9 390 even now is just rebreather card by being overclocked R9 290 with a new pricetag.

I don't know that much about PSUs, but I think that best way to get a good PSU is to look for the ones with a good brand name (that have a lot to loose if they make bad PSU) and good review by jonnyguru. If those are fulfilled the PSU is probably worth the extra bucks because they have the potential to outlast your other parts and you can go a long time with that PSU.

13 hours ago, Thaldor said:

Yes, it would benefit you to change the GPU to the new gen GPU. If you look at the numbers you might get a little suspicious, but rememebr that RX series has a newer architechture than the R9 series which means you cannot directry compare the specs but rather you need to compare the benchmarks where RX 470 4GB is quite on the par with R9 390 8GB, but cost around 50-100$ less and has the support for newest technologies. Also, if I looked right, the MSI R9 390 8GB goes with a pricetag of 289$, so you can save money even with a RX 480 8GB (Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB 279$ and reference cooled MSI RX 480 8GB 239$, from newegg). And, just mentioning, R9 390 even now is just rebreather card by being overclocked R9 290 with a new pricetag.

I don't know that much about PSUs, but I think that best way to get a good PSU is to look for the ones with a good brand name (that have a lot to loose if they make bad PSU) and good review by jonnyguru. If those are fulfilled the PSU is probably worth the extra bucks because they have the potential to outlast your other parts and you can go a long time with that PSU.

What about Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card this card?