Xeon on msi x99 board

Hello everybody 
So i was planning to get the msi x99a Mpower board and wanted to pair it with a xeon. Why do i get an oc mobo for a xeon , just a price(cheaper than most in my counter) and future upgrade ability.So i was looking around and found the xeon e5-4660 v3 and wanted to know if it fits. I checked the msi compatibility and it is not there. Moreover i found that asus x99 fatility boards actually supports it and they have the same socket and everything so shall i take that as a go ? 
also feel free to suggest other motherboards , cpus i want them for gaming and video editing/rendering :)
one more question do u think it is smart to invest in a lga2011-3 build while the lga3647 is almost here ? 
thank u .

don't use a xeon in a gameing MB, it not worth it, unless some else has got that CPU to work with that MB then....

ask youself.do i need this?

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

1st thing, don't buy a 4xxx cpu. Its built for quad socket systems and will cost much more for that feature you won't use.

Id probably buy a 6900k much cheaper and just as fast in most uses(faster in most editing programs due to the high clock speed) You can also oc it.

LGA3647 won't replace lga 2011 and will be slower in most uses. Its only for compute and shouldn't be used as a desktop chip and will probaly perform worse than a i3 in most desktop tasks.

For 3d rendering, more and more programs take advantage of the gpu, so id suggest getting a 1070 or 2 rather than a ultra highend cpu.

9 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

1st thing, don't buy a 4xxx cpu. Its built for quad socket systems and will cost much more for that feature you won't use.

Id probably buy a 6900k much cheaper and just as fast in most uses(faster in most editing programs due to the high clock speed) You can also oc it.

LGA3647 won't replace lga 2011 and will be slower in most uses. Its only for compute and shouldn't be used as a desktop chip and will probaly perform worse than a i3 in most desktop tasks.

For 3d rendering, more and more programs take advantage of the gpu, so id suggest getting a 1070 or 2 rather than a ultra highend cpu.

hmm in that sense , do u think getting a dual socket motherboard like asus z10pa-d8 would be a good investment ? that was my original plan but didnt want to get a dual socket system while the newer socket was soon to be released. 

10 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

don't use a xeon in a gameing MB, it not worth it, unless some else has got that CPU to work with that MB then....

ask youself.do i need this?

You don't know what you are typing.

7 hours ago, talha5541 said:

hmm in that sense , do u think getting a dual socket motherboard like asus z10pa-d8 would be a good investment ? that was my original plan but didnt want to get a dual socket system while the newer socket was soon to be released. 

Id personally stay away from dual socket.

What programs are you using?

Whats your budget?

why would u stay from dual socket ? is it a software compatibility issue?
i use Matlab , 3ds max  / adobe premier ,after effects,photoshop and little bit of visual studio as well as some light gaming some more than others  . (engineering student with cinematography hobby :D)
My budget is kind of flexible but the lower the better ofc as long as it does the job fast and smooth :) 
i think i will go with the msi x99a mpower and i7 6800k or some xeon 6/8 cores or do u think there is a better alternative ? 

13 hours ago, FPS-Russia said:

You don't know what you are typing.

i work as a IT Administrator and have a Diploma of Information Technology Networking and a Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration 

i know what i'm talking about, mate.....

>:(

check the profile next time before trying to take down people

also do it again and i will report you

keep it cool guys pls :)
also @samiscool51 i wanted a xeon because i need some cores for rendering/video editing as it is my priority over gaming. beside my motherboard (Mpower) supports 3 sli so that should take care of the gaming aspect although i dont intend to use all three ofc . atleast at the beginning  :) 

Just now, talha5541 said:

keep it cool guys pls :)
also @samiscool51 i wanted a xeon because i need some cores for rendering/video editing as it is my priority over gaming. beside my motherboard (Mpower) supports 3 sli so that should take care of the gaming aspect although i dont intend to use all three ofc . atleast at the beginning  :) 

dude you don't need a xeon for video editing

their work load is doing manythings at a lower clock, like a mail server

a i7 or i5 would be cheeper and get the EXACT same performance (sometime even less) than a xeon

13 minutes ago, samiscool51 said:

dude you don't need a xeon for video editing

their work load is doing manythings at a lower clock, like a mail server

a i7 or i5 would be cheeper and get the EXACT same performance (sometime even less) than a xeon

yeah i get your point but what about something like the 

Xeon E5-1650 v3

6 cores 3.5ghz and proved to be one of the best cpu for the price :) do u approve such a thing or there are any i7 alternative that will work better ? 

3 minutes ago, talha5541 said:

yeah i get your point but what about something like the 

Xeon E5-1650 v3

6 cores 3.5ghz and proved to be one of the best cpu for the price :) do u approve such a thing or there are any i7 alternative that will work better ? 

ir you want a 6-core take this

i7 5820K

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/6tXfrH/intel-cpu-bx80648i75820k $370

vs.

Xeon E5-1630 V3

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cv648d/intel-cpu-bx80644e51650v3 $570

\the i7 wins and gets much better prefromance and i should know

i own that processor in my rig (and wifes rig)

Just now, samiscool51 said:

ir you want a 6-core take this

i7 5820K

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/6tXfrH/intel-cpu-bx80648i75820k $370

vs.

Xeon E5-1630 V3

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cv648d/intel-cpu-bx80644e51650v3 $570

\the i7 wins and gets much better prefromance and i should know

i own that processor in my rig (and wifes rig)

hmm i see , pretty much yeah the the i7 5820k seems nice and oc as well . one more question :P i was checking ebay and saw some xeon es  18 cores cpu that actually have a decent clock and really cheap price. what do u think of that ? i know the legality issue as well as the motherboard compatalibty restrictions but other than that is there anything i am missing ? i mean it seems like quite a sweet deal :D

try not to get old server xeons, the reason they are sold is because they get slow after a while, most workplaces just get a new server and transfer the data

thats why you can buy old servers cheaply

also i don't think the MB supports that many cores

so maybe stick with the i7.....

12 minutes ago, samiscool51 said:

try not to get old server xeons, the reason they are sold is because they get slow after a while, most workplaces just get a new server and transfer the data

thats why you can buy old servers cheaply

also i don't think the MB supports that many cores

so maybe stick with the i7.....

Processors don't lose speed, they don't have a shelf life.. they are not food.

I checked my motherboard supported cpu list it sipports the e5 2699 v4 which is a 22 core cpu :) and ofc i am taking i7 in consideration