What CPU Should I Buy v3 Spreadsheet Help

10 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I would highly recommend going with a 6500. Also, you may want to go with a reference card as blowers tend to do better in SFF builds. 

(also, check reviews for the silicon power ssd, I don't personally know how well it doe in terms of reliability/performance, although I'm sure it's fine)

The Noctua L9i is also a good cooler and is about $15 less (and I don't think it's that disimilar from the H7)

Also, the only blower that PCPP lists isnt available right now, and that's from PNY. I'm not a fan of the shroud anyway.

12 minutes ago, JamesDean said:

I completely agree with all of these points, and if it means going over a couple bucks, so be it. Any improvements to my existing PCPP list would be appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/28YLsJ

These are the only improvements I can think of.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zMbwcc

At least a better known SSD (not the world's best, but maintains performance very well for a budget drive), a slimmer, sharper looking case that gives you a bit better of an option with airflow, better CPU, cheaper cooler that'll perform just fine because you're not overclocking, and same video card.

Oh, right, and for cooling, what djd said is true, a blower is typically better, so that's why I recommended the RVZ02B. You can actually stick a fan next to a short GPU for exhaust. GPU will act as intake on one portion and on the opposite, you can install a slim 120mm fan for exhaust so the GPU doesn't choke itself with heat. I don't know the clearance exactly but heck you might even be able to install two slim 120mm fans, like this Cooler Master one.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

13 minutes ago, JamesDean said:

I will take you up on the 6500, and I can tell you that I'm buying the SP SSD for its price per GB, and I do know they are slow in the SSD  world, but make up for it in reliability. For the cooler, I just want low rpms, so the bigger the better.

Both are 95mm, and the last time I checked the performance between Noctua's, Cryorig's, Silverstone's, and Phantek's ultra low profile cooler were all fairly similar (although I would say to double check that before making any decision). And you can't just look at RPM or the rated db on the spec sheet to make a judgement as both of those numbers are meaningless. 

There are other cheap SSD that are more recognized at similar price points (Mushkin Reactor, Adata SP550, PNY CS1311, etc...) 

11 minutes ago, JamesDean said:

Also, the only blower that PCPP lists isnt available right now, and that's from PNY. I'm not a fan of the shroud anyway.

I understand that, but reference coolers aren't very good in SFF as they're highly dependant on good case airflow -- which is non-existant in SFF builds. A reference GPU will just keep trying to cool itself with the same hot air that it's exhausting into the case. 

Edit: The ability to add a fan could help compensate as @Suika said. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.