Need to get a new phone, Which one to get?

Ninja_Commander

So i know I can fix my phone, but the wait at the shops in town is almost too long. And since I have had my HTC ONE M8 (GPE) for two years now, time to get a new one.  Now the big phones that have been coming out lately, It seems I have alot of variety in my choices. But what to get?

Heres the ones I was looking at:

Samsung S7 or Note 7  ( though the not is close a grand unlocked)

HTC One 10

ZTE AXON 7

One Plus 3

Sony Xperia Z5

So many choices, but I can't decide on what to get.  Which seems like the best phone to get at this point in time?

CPU: 5900X   MOBO: MSI Tomahawk x570 
MEM: G.Skill 32gb (2 x 16gb) 3600
GPU: Asus tuf oc 3080

May add the other bits of my system later on

5 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

So i know I can fix my phone, but the wait at the shops in town is almost too long. And since I have had my HTC ONE M8 (GPE) for two years now, time to get a new one.  Now the big phones that have been coming out lately, It seems I have alot of variety in my choices. But what to get?

HTC One 10

ZTE AXON 7

One Plus 3

Sony Xperia Z5

So many choices, but I can't decide on what to get.  Which seems like the best phone to get at this point in time?

Get the onelpus if you like a nice seamless product, get the zte if you dont need a good cam and a bit better screen

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

I don't Use my camera much, Its useful for get pics I need for things to remember and what not. And a screen and sound is whats important to me. Along with durability, I need to make sure I get a phone that just works. I prefer to use the stock Android skin, since its  what I have gotten used to over the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, Ninja_Commander said:

I don't Use my camera much, Its useful for get pics I need for things to remember and what not. And a screen and sound is whats important to me. Along with durability, I need to make sure I get a phone that just works. I prefer to use the stock Android skin, since its  what I have gotten used to over the last 2 years.

I came from an M8 and I have loved my S7 so far. Literally the ONLY bad thing I have to say about the device is the bottom facing speakers are super easy to muffle (which coming from an M8 is basically unthinkable lol.)

It's been amazing. I wouldn't touch the one+3 with a 10 ft pole, the display is insanely bad. Like so bad it isn't even worth thinking about.

I will say the waterproofness has been a huge time saver so far in cleaning my device (I am a super OCD person with that, and I don't like cases much).

The ZTE phone seems good, but lots of people have commented having issues with it, and I don't know if I trust ZTE that much.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

So I have seen 2 doe the OnePlus and one for the S7. Need a bit more opinions on this.

8 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

So I have seen 2 doe the OnePlus and one for the S7. Need a bit more opinions on this.

Mine isn't necessarily for the S7, but the One+3 is really bad if you are willing to pay for an actual flagship anyways.

I didn't buy the HTC 10 because I decided waterproofness and wireless charging were worth more than speakers (since I would use a headphones when watching movies anyways), but it is a pretty nice device as well.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Note 7. I'm a vet and having more real estate for viewing patient files while driving to a client's home is vastly easier on a finer and more responsive screen. Also, Gear VR for when you're bored.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I forgot a phone on the list, the Nexus 6P. So what do you think if I got this phone?

2 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

I forgot a phone on the list, the Nexus 6P. So what do you think if I got this phone?

What's your budget? Usage (gaming, surfing, etc.)? Do you need something specific from the phone?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, ARikozuM said:

What's your budget? Usage (gaming, surfing, etc.)? Do you need something specific from the phone?

I haven't played many games on my phone, buts its good to have.  I do lots of music listening and using the speakerphone.  Lots of videos to watch.  I like to use twitter alot to talk to my friends, so lots of battery. I like having a good screen. If anything I want it finally last more then 2 years.  I prefer a stock android skin cause I have gotten used to it.

Sorry if this response is all over the place, just hard to pick a phone that has what I want.  After looking at what I said, I seem the Nexus might be the best at the moment, plus its a good price.  Still I need to keep looking and asking for opinions.

3 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

I haven't played many games on my phone, buts its good to have.  I do lots of music listening and using the speakerphone.  Lots of videos to watch.  I like to use twitter alot to talk to my friends, so lots of battery. I like having a good screen. If anything I want it finally last more then 2 years.  I prefer a stock android skin cause I have gotten used to it.

Sorry if this response is all over the place, just hard to pick a phone that has what I want.  After looking at what I said, I seem the Nexus might be the best at the moment, plus its a good price.  Still I need to keep looking and asking for opinions.

I upgraded to my Note 7 after being on the Note 3 since it came out and I will (reluctantly) give my vote to Samsung's Note 7. Easy to handle for someone with small hands, 5.7" 1440 screen, large battery that lasts the whole day, and supports a 256GB micro SD card. TouchWiz is pretty easy to get used to.

The Note 7 is also usable with Gear VR without modification this time if it matters to you.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

While the note 7 would be nice, I feel for the price it might be too much. I think my budget would be close to $600.  However looking at the Axon 7 and the nexus 6P, the price is whats got me. Unfortunately the Axon 7 won't be out till Sept. 9, bit of a downer. And my current phone has issues charging cause of the usb port not responding well to connections. Its a challange to make sure I have a full charge , at some power left after work.

49 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

While the note 7 would be nice, I feel for the price it might be too much. I think my budget would be close to $600.  However looking at the Axon 7 and the nexus 6P, the price is whats got me. Unfortunately the Axon 7 won't be out till Sept. 9, bit of a downer. And my current phone has issues charging cause of the usb port not responding well to connections. Its a challange to make sure I have a full charge , at some power left after work.

Linus did a review of the Axon and he seemed to favor it. It might be a good choice at the price since many of the features it has are on the higher-end phones. For 400 you're getting a very good phone.

Edit: With the money saved you could buy a 128GB micro SD card.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Ninja_Commander said:

HTC One 10

ZTE AXON 7

One Plus 3

Sony Xperia Z5

Try the S7. I use it as my daily driver and it's great, but sometimes the battery is dead before 8 pm (in a very rough use). I was going to get the HTC 10 before getting the S7, but the S7 had a discount in my place so i get that one. Or you can just get a note 7.

With how the reviews so far are going with the ZTE AXON 7, I just might get that since it will be out in about  2 weeks. Plus its cheap and might be just what I'm looking for.

2 minutes ago, Ninja_Commander said:

With how the reviews so far are going with the ZTE AXON 7, I just might get that since it will be out in about  2 weeks. Plus its cheap and might be just what I'm looking for.

Post a review in the "reviews" section once you get a feel for it.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

I think I will once I have it for some time. If anything it will be fun to see how it handles my normal work load for a while. Just hope I get it in time before I decide to break my M8. The damn usb port, so glad they went type c for phones nowadays.