can log in via steam on my laptop

got my laptop from highschool today, one of the first things i did was try log on to the LTT forums but it just kept throwing the helpfull error "something went wrong, please try again later" and now its aparently locked for 10 mins because i tried logging in with my password and display name instead of through steam and i could not for the life of me remember what i put, didnt even get through my defults before it locked it. i always sign in through steam because its easy and this is the first time it has failed on me so if someone could get on this so i can log into the LTT forums on my laptop that would be great :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

I can reproduce it, but at the moment it doesn't look like I can fix it.

well thats something atleast, id love if it was fixed by monday atleast because i basically wont have internet untill then because im going away :P good luck i guess, probably not just me thats afected, i was lucky i was logged in to my account on my main PC too i guess

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This issue should now be fixed.

i really hope it is :D its been a huge pain to not be able to log in from my laptop :) 

Builds:

Spoiler