Sennheiser IE80 or DXRacer F-Series

DatGuyFantasy

Hey guys, i just want some opinion on which item i should get. I been having a hard time to pick. 

I have an Shure SE215 earphone. If i do get the sennheiser IE80 it will replace the Shure SE215 as my daily driver.

For the chair i have a standard office chair, the leather are peeling off the bottom part the chair.

Both the Sennheiser IE80 and the DXRacer F-Series are both about the same price 

Sennheiser IE80 - $340.64 CAD from amazon 

DXRacer F-Series - $429.99 CAD from Canada Computers 

Im thinking the chair upgrade will be a lot more significant than new earphones, and also better for you.

I just got a DXRacer classic chair and it is a dream to sit in. Its even more comfortable to sleep on than my memory foam mattress and contour pillow, and actually fixed my neck and shoulder pain in about 30 mins of napping on it, while I've had my memory foam pillow for years and all that now seems to have done is dull the pain but still not being comfortable enough to get rid of it.

And you can sleep on the F series too:

hqdefault.jpg 

The elevated leg support on these chairs is also great. On my old chair my knees would end up numb and asleep after sitting on it all day, whereas using the max upward seat tilt and my printer for a footrest, I get no more leg or knee fatigue. 

Linus is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, DatGuyFantasy said:

Hey guys, i just want some opinion on which item i should get. I been having a hard time to pick. 

I have an Shure SE215 earphone. If i do get the sennheiser IE80 it will replace the Shure SE215 as my daily driver.

For the chair i have a standard office chair, the leather are peeling off the bottom part the chair.

Both the Sennheiser IE80 and the DXRacer F-Series are both about the same price 

Sennheiser IE80 - $340.64 CAD from amazon 

DXRacer F-Series - $429.99 CAD from Canada Computers 

Have you ever listened to the IE80s? do you like your SE215s? This are significant questions. have you ever had a chance to sit on that new chair on that note. These are both very subjetively rated items and I would deiced with care what i do here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

When looking at different DX racer chairs, its important to note the max height and weight limits and make sure it matches up to you. I could have gone with the chair lower than the one I got, but it had a 90 kg weight limit and my weight is around 88-95 so Im borderline too fat for it. The one I got has a max limit of 130 kg, which I doubt (hopefully) I'll ever get as heavy as that.

The more weight support the chair has, the more expensive it gets.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Have you ever listened to the IE80s? do you like your SE215s? This are significant questions. have you ever had a chance to sit on that new chair on that note. These are both very subjetively rated items and I would deiced with care what i do here.

I have never listened to the IE80 before, but i have watched Linus review if the IE80. For chair i have not tried it as well. everything here is just an upgrade for what i already have.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

When looking at different DX racer chairs, its important to note the max height and weight limits and make sure it matches up to you. I could have gone with the chair lower than the one I got, but it had a 90 kg weight limit and my weight is around 88-95 so Im borderline too fat for it. The one I got has a max limit of 130 kg, which I doubt (hopefully) I'll ever get as heavy as that.

The more weight support the chair has, the more expensive it gets.

Lol, Yes your right. i will consider that too. Knowing i'm a small person 5 foot 9. The F-Series might be good.

Just now, DatGuyFantasy said:

I have never listened to the IE80 before, but i have watched Linus review if the IE80. For chair i have not tried it as well. everything here is just an upgrade for what i already have.

Do you like your shures? If you feel like you need such an upgrade then go for it keeping in mind that you may not end up liking the sound signature of the Sennheisers as I'm pretty sure they're different :P (can't remember it off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to search it up right now :/)

Next, do you really need such a gamer oriented chair? Yes it has a lot of good features and supports you well and what not but you know, a $100 chair might be sufficient.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, DatGuyFantasy said:

again, do you like your IE80s? I listened to the 215s for a short period of time (less than 50 min)and think they were undesirably warm.

Comparing to the IE80 which I listened to for a little bit longer but not extensively (less than 2 hours) I would say they emphasize more of the base and produce a less elevated lower midrange. I tried the middle base seeting and it was terribly warm for my taste and the lowest base setting was better but still to punchy for me. I had to EQ the base down by roughly 10db on my phone to get somewwere near a neutral feel on the medium base setting if that is enough to describe my situation.

This is my subjective impression and you might like the SE215.

I am just trying to advise you not to blindly buy a product especially when it is audio gear.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Do you like your shures? If you feel like you need such an upgrade then go for it keeping in mind that you may not end up liking the sound signature of the Sennheisers as I'm pretty sure they're different :P (can't remember it off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to search it up right now :/)

Next, do you really need such a gamer oriented chair? Yes it has a lot of good features and supports you well and what not but you know, a $100 chair might be sufficient.

Haha. I do agree with you about the chair as i have thought about the something. I do like my Shures they are good for its $100 price point. But i feel like i want a better sounding earphones( if the makes sense). I'm also heading back to college soon and i know i will be using the IE80 everyday (4 days a week) during my commute down to college. 

5 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

again, do you like your IE80s? I listened to the 215s for a short period of time (less than 50 min)and think they were undesirably warm.

Comparing to the IE80 which I listened to for a little bit longer but not extensively (less than 2 hours) I would say they emphasize more of the base and produce a less elevated lower midrange. I tried the middle base seeting and it was terribly warm for my taste and the lowest base setting was better but still to punchy for me. I had to EQ the base down by roughly 10db on my phone to get somewwere near a neutral feel on the medium base setting if that is enough to describe my situation.

This is my subjective impression and you might like the SE215.

I am just trying to advise you not to blindly buy a product especially when it is audio gear.

I really do appreciate you opinion and statement. I do like my Shures SE215 for its $100 price rang. But i keep having this feeling i want more better sounding earphones  

38 minutes ago, DatGuyFantasy said:

I really do appreciate you opinion and statement. I do like my Shures SE215 for its $100 price rang. But i keep having this feeling i want more better sounding earphones  

What do you mean by better? I personally have come to the conclusion that after a certain point - and 100 bucks is certainly close to that point - headphones will not noticably become better sound wise anymore but that is a lames opinion so don't take for guaranted what I say (I am just judging by the fact that in the short period I listened to them I didn't find the HD700 to be anything special, the HD800 weird becasue i always felt conscious of how far away the driver was from my ear, the T1 to be worse than lower end Beyer options and the Ultrason Edition 8 to basically have a fucked up treble that was almost not existant beyond a certain frequency to give a few examples. For all they were the most outstanding part was difference not the improvement over other headphones). From my experience however the big differences really come down to sound signature. What are you looking for? I have a pair of Fostex T50RP at hand and I can tell you they are way way different than my DT880s. It is hard to describe but lets put it that way. The 880s are very open with soundstage and an in between feeling but the T50s are much more straight forward emphasizing instruments like trumpets sax or regular voice putting them much omre infront of the whole track you listen to.

The point where I am going is: What are you looking for? You like your SE215s. Do you want a different sound signature? Are you disspleased with anything in particular?
When it comes to Audio you might also ask some of the more veteran guys for help like @SSL . Idk how much experience he has with IEMs though.

3.Use

I would personally avoid the IE80. It's not that it's a bad sounding headphone (if you like the bass) it's that the ergonomics are incredibly hit and miss. I could NEVER get both ears to seal at the same time, which was incredibly annoying for listening. Also, even at moderate volume, my roommate would complain about the noise at night, so I had to turn them down to about the lowest setting on my phone to not bother him. They don't isolate very well either (even with comply foam tips), so if you use your Shures in even moderately noisy environments, then the IE80 is not the earphone for you. If you want something with good bass, good isolation (from others and from your music getting out) then I would recommend something like the RHA T20/T20i, which has a more durable cable anyway (my IE80 cable went out after about two months, where I carefully wrapped the cable around the case every time I was done. Oh, and I've never once had another cable fail on me.) The T20 also has filters, if you're into changing the sound sig, and they're made of formed steel, which is pretty dope. From what I've seen, they're a nice headphone by all accounts.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I would personally avoid the IE80. It's not that it's a bad sounding headphone (if you like the bass) it's that the ergonomics are incredibly hit and miss. I could NEVER get both ears to seal at the same time, which was incredibly annoying for listening. Also, even at moderate volume, my roommate would complain about the noise at night, so I had to turn them down to about the lowest setting on my phone to not bother him. They don't isolate very well either (even with comply foam tips), so if you use your Shures in even moderately noisy environments, then the IE80 is not the earphone for you. If you want something with good bass, good isolation (from others and from your music getting out) then I would recommend something like the RHA T20/T20i, which has a more durable cable anyway (my IE80 cable went out after about two months, where I carefully wrapped the cable around the case every time I was done. Oh, and I've never once had another cable fail on me.) The T20 also has filters, if you're into changing the sound sig, and they're made of formed steel, which is pretty dope. From what I've seen, they're a nice headphone by all accounts.

but there are 6 or 7 pairs of tips included O__o I found some that worked but I never got them to sit in my ear where they are actually supposed to. When you see linus wear them they are set flat on his ear but for me they alway protruded the natual line my ears followed. On more reason to not get them for me as this would not allow me to lie flat with them on.

3.Use

1 minute ago, SSL said:

No experience with IEMs.

Welp, I tried xD

3.Use

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

but there are 6 or 7 pairs of tips included O__o I found some that worked but I never got them to sit in my ear where they are actually supposed to. When you see linus wear them they are set flat on his ear but for me they alway protruded the natual line my ears followed. On more reason to not get them for me as this would not allow me to lie flat with them on.

Yeah, there are a bunch of tips included, and as I mentioned, I even tried aftermarket ones. No amount of ear tips are going to make the shell of the IEM (which is a terrible design in terms of ergonomics, by the way) fit in my ear properly. It's just not worth the risk, especially at this point, where there are many comparable/better IEMs on the market. 

Just now, SSL said:

No experience with IEMs.

Did someone tag you to come over here?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah, there are a bunch of tips included, and as I mentioned, I even tried aftermarket ones. No amount of ear tips are going to make the shell of the IEM (which is a terrible design in terms of ergonomics, by the way) fit in my ear properly. It's just not worth the risk, especially at this point, where there are many comparable/better IEMs on the market. 

Did someone tag you to come over here?

I did, although I had to edit to get rid of the fail and actually tag him.

3.Use

5 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I did, although I had to edit to get rid of the fail and actually tag him.

No worries. I've generally been the IEM guy around here (although I've only recently started coming on this forum regularly again)

I suppose I should also add that I support the earphones over getting a gamer chair. You can easily pick up a plenty comfortable chair for about $100 USD. 

Only reason I could see to get a really nice chair would be if you work in IT, or something where your entire working day is spent at the computer. If that's the case though, I would get one of the REALLY nice $1,000+ chairs, since those are actually ergonomic.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I care a decent amount for audio but I can't advocate spending hundreds on iems and only 100 cheapo chair. A good chair is the best thing you can buy for yourself if you spend more than a few hours sitting in front of a PC. I would choose my Aeron over my A12 ciem any day. I wouldn't necessarily go for the DX chair though, there's better for the price range.