How long has Star Citizen been available?

DeadlyPilot
Go to solution Solved by abyss03,

It has been 'playable' since about 2013 in various different states. Started off with just walking around your hangar looking at your ships as they became available. Then we had arena commander which was dogfighting. About Christmas last year I think star citizen alpha 2.0 dropped which was the first version of the persistent universe. Not too much to do other than repeating missions and flying around but you can make your own fun! 

I really enjoy alpha 2.0 right now as every Saturday 9pm bst we have a meet up with all the ltt people who play together (join us on discord if you want! Link in my signature) 

Release date unknown. Alpha 3.0 which got announced at gamescom has a estimated release of late this year but their development is prone to delays. Single player is also scheduled for some release next year I think. 

I've known about this game forever and it looks absolutely amazing. I'm a bit pissed that I just realized that you can actually buy the game and play the alpha. How long has this game been available for people to play? 

Also just wondering what people think of it. 

Any idea of when the full game will release?

It has been 'playable' since about 2013 in various different states. Started off with just walking around your hangar looking at your ships as they became available. Then we had arena commander which was dogfighting. About Christmas last year I think star citizen alpha 2.0 dropped which was the first version of the persistent universe. Not too much to do other than repeating missions and flying around but you can make your own fun! 

I really enjoy alpha 2.0 right now as every Saturday 9pm bst we have a meet up with all the ltt people who play together (join us on discord if you want! Link in my signature) 

Release date unknown. Alpha 3.0 which got announced at gamescom has a estimated release of late this year but their development is prone to delays. Single player is also scheduled for some release next year I think. 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

1 minute ago, abyss03 said:

It has been 'playable' since about 2012 in various different states. Started off with just walking around your hangar looking at your ships as they became available. Then we had arena commander which was dogfighting. About Christmas last year I think star citizen alpha 2.0 dropped which was the first version of the persistent universe. Not too much to do other than repeating missions and flying around but you can make your own fun! 

I'm pissed I could've been playing this game for the past 4 years! At least its not finished yet. Looks like one of the best games I've ever seen.

Very good answer! Thanks!

5 hours ago, abyss03 said:

It has been 'playable' since about 2012 in various different states. Started off with just walking around your hangar looking at your ships as they became available. Then we had arena commander which was dogfighting. About Christmas last year I think star citizen alpha 2.0 dropped which was the first version of the persistent universe. Not too much to do other than repeating missions and flying around but you can make your own fun! 

(hanger module was Aug 29 2013) not 2012

5 hours ago, rentaspoon said:

(hanger module was Aug 29 2013) not 2012

Thanks, I have since tactically edited that to 2013 :) I don't think I was a backer then, just an interested future backer 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here