Question about ram

Currently I have 8gb(2x4gb) of ram in my pc. I would like to install another 8gb(2x4gb) but my type of ram is no longer available in shop where I bought it or anywhere else, so I have to buy used. My main concerns are small differences in ram characteristics. I would really appreciate if somebody could explain to me what are these differences and will it be ok if i combine these modules?

First picture is my ram and as you can see it is completely identical. Second and third pictures are modules that I could buy.

Module on third picture have different latency than mine and I've read somewhere that modules with different latency should not be combined. Is this true?

But module on second picture is almost identical except for label B1. What does this label represent?

Thank You in advance.

Ram.jpg

1.1.jpg

2.1.jpg

this shouldn't make a big difference because it will just run at the speed of the slowest stick. my friend is using mixed ram from i think even different companies

Main build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD4  RAM: corsair ballistix 2400mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Asus GTX 970  PSU: corsair rm1000  SSD 1: Samsung 840evo 500gb  SSD 2: Samsung 850evo 500gb  HDD: Western Digital red 3tb  Case: Phanteks Enthoo pro M  CPU cooler: corsair h80i

Second build
CPU: i7 5820k  MotherBoard: Gigabyte x99 UD5 WIFI  RAM: G.skill 2666mhz 4x4gb  GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 (soon to be upgraded)  PSU: corsair HX650  SSD: Samsung 850evo 250gb  Case: Cooler Master 430 elite  CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

Third build

CPU: xeon x5690  MotherBoard: Evga x58 classified 4way-sli  Ram: Patriot 1600mhz 4x3gb  GPU: Asus HD6970  PSU: fractal newton r2 1000w  SSD: crucial m500 240gb  Case: Cooler Master Haf X  CPU cooler: Mega Shadow

Mixing RAM is always a hit & miss.

Out of my own experience:

some RAM will work even if they have different timings or are from a different brand and sometimes others will not work even though they are basically identically.

Sometimes when you pair "different" RAM the performance impact will only be noticable in syntethic benchmarks, other times it will make your system bluescreen or just cause crashes, laggs, freezes or just lower performance.

If you have a proper motherboard, it should basically take care of the incompatibilities between the sticks you put in itself and make them work with each other, which is usually achieved by downclocking them.

Generally its not advised to mix RAM, not because it does not work but because it is never 100% that they will or wont work together. Even if the system boots up with them, you never know if they are 100% stable under every workload and like I said, as they usualy get downclocked to the slowest RAM, you also never know how much of a performance hit you might take untill you test it.

Furthermore RAM testing is the most time consuming thing you could do on a PC, for 8GB you should easily plan 8 - 12hours testing in DOS mode basically, double that for 16GB and so forth.

The 3rd RAM, with the B1, I'd give a good chance of working with the ones you allready have, the 4th will make your others slower, if it even works.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.