Flash Player eating all of my CPU.

miyabwah

So, I'm sittin' over here watching the WAN show @ 10 FPS. Whenever I close Firefox, my CPU usage drops massively to <40% Currently running @ 100% CPU usage..... Help...

Did you have any other tabs open? Does it still use that much CPU usage when you restart it?

Have you updated your flash player? I use google chrome and its 'intergrated' into chrome so it updates automaticly and im watching the show fine, and browsing the forums and CPU at 11%..

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

open task manager and look at your processes and see what applications are using the most data and close them. Or try a different browser. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Did you have any other tabs open? Does it still use that much CPU usage when you restart it?

Tabs are YouTube, LTT, WAN Show... that's about it. This hasn't happened any other day than today.

Tabs are YouTube, LTT, WAN Show... that's about it. This hasn't happened any other day than today.

Open Task manager and check what is eating your CPU.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

8b02.png

Do you have any background apps open and you dont use them close them. IF you have any widgets open Close them as well.

EDIT: Also firefox needs flash player installed on the computer for firefox to actually use flash player. Chrome has it integrated so i recommend you to switch over due to flash player on chrome is less resource hungry on chrome.

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Do you have any background apps open and you dont use them close them. IF you have any widgets open Close them as well.

EDIT: Also firefox needs flash player installed on the computer for firefox to actually use flash player. Chrome has it integrated so i recommend you to switch over due to flash player on chrome is less resource hungry on chrome.

Ok, I've found the problem. My computer was only running on a single-core instead of its normal dual-core.

And use a web browser that consume much more system resources than Firefox? I know what your trying to say, but Chrome isn't a really good example, in that specific regard ;)

Install the FlashBlock Ad-On, it prevents Flash from playing till you click on it, prevents what you're seeing eating up your CPU cycles. Works on FireFox and Chrome, not sure about IE.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.