Help me please :D , 4k Monitor or QHD 2560x1440?

Zoydberg95

Hello Guys,

Im looking for a good 4k Monitor, but now i heared that 60 fps are not so good for CS:GO for example.

I really like graphic games, but i also play a lot of Counterstrike, Overwatch and League of Legends. I really want badass graphics for titles such as BF4 or new coming BF1. I heared there is no 4k monitor with more than 60 FPS. But there are plenty of 2560x1440 QHD. Hmm.. But i think 4k is looking way better. My system is an AMD FX 8350 and i have a Vapor AMD 290x with 8gb of ram, but when i buy a 4k monior i will get a second 8gb version of the vapor 290x to run it smooth. i want to spend max. 500$. Btw which type of panel is better, i want good contrast and nice colours, IPS or TN? Here are 2 Monitors i choosed: LG Electronics 27MU67-B (IPS) and the Iiyama g-master-gb2888uhsu-b1

I hope you can help me out :-)

Greetings Woop Woop Zoydberg v(*,,,*)v

get a 4k screen

on counterstrike just go in the settings and set it to 1080p and enjoy the frames

or

keep your current monitor for counterstrike and use it for counterstrike

and get a 4k monitor for everything else

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

ips looks way better, has better viewing angels better color and so on, but about 4ms more lag than tn. (tn mostly 1ms, ips mostly 5ms) 

But basically all 144hz 2k monitors are tn. WIth monitor choice i cant help u very much other than saying the benq and asus 1440p 144hz panels are really good

Just now, lh99 said:

ips looks way better, has better viewing angels better color and so on, but about 4ms more lag than tn. (tn mostly 1ms, ips mostly 5ms) 

But basically all 144hz 2k monitors are tn. WIth monitor choice i cant help u very much other than saying the benq and asus 1440p 144hz panels are really good

FYI response time isn't a measurement of lag, higher response time just means slightly more motion blur.

24 minutes ago, lh99 said:

But basically all 144hz 2k monitors are tn

Ignore...thought 2K=1440p...rip

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Glenwing said:

2K is 1080p, not 1440p.

God damn...you're correct, my bad (all of these advertisements from laptop manufacturers are really screwing with my memory... sorry) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Okay :D first of all, thank you guys for taking the time and helping me.

get a 4k screen

on counterstrike just go in the settings and set it to 1080p and enjoy the frames

or

keep your current monitor for counterstrike and use it for counterstrike

and get a 4k monitor for everything else

That would be very nice :D, but isnt there a framelimit of 60 for 4k monitors? Or is 60 Frames enough?

I watched many videos about comparison with TN and IPS monitors and i think IPS is the way to go, about the reactiontime, i think the normal human cant see any difference, but i heared something with input lag o.O, hmm...

Ive never played on 2560x1440 or 3840 × 2160  monitors, but i think 4k looks very nice, is the difference huge between 2560x1440 and 4k?

dude he said under 500dollars and there basically no 144hz 1440p ips panels. That are not imported or anything.

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f111/ips-monitore-mit-144-hz-und-1440p-1054362.html

(yeah it is german but just google the monitor names in the first threade no one is under 500 euros or even dollar)

Yeah. that would be my budget, and i dont want to spend more for a monitor, and btw guys im from germany xD,(@Ih99 dank dir :D, voll schwierig den richtigen Monitor zu finden, finde halt 4k extrem geil, aber mlchte auch nicht auf CS:GO, LoL etc. verzichten wäre cool wenn es einen 144hz Modus geben würde xd)

Is there a 4k Monitor with a 144hz Modus? :D

4K is orgasm but 144Hz is too. Very very very tough choice ! 

Id say buy 1440p 144hz and add 4K next year :)

Im not very happy with your GPUs though :/ would prefer single powerful card over crossfire. Just less hussle with games.

PS. WE have same taste in games :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

nice, do you have skype Thony? :D, . The problem is, you buy a Gpu for 500 $ , then 3 months later a way more better gpu is out, thats so frustrating QQ. So amd crossfire is not good for playing 4k games? 2 8gb 290x are not enough for todays top titles? :o

If you've never used a screen with a higher Hz level than 60, than just get a nice 4k 60Hz

By the time it wears out, 4k 144Hz might be thing, if it's even physically possible

Shipping sucks