750TI and 6700k

sahxtan

Just got a 6700k for 3DS Max and Vray and I was looking to get a budget GPU, Will a 6700k bottleneck 750Ti?

I also do casual gaming, okay with medium settings.

no dont get that get a 6600K and a RX 470 or something, will make your life better if you dont happen to already have the 6700K in which case still dont get the 750TI because it dosent hold up in recent games anymore

*edit*

yes, the 750TI will be a huge bottleneck in this system

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, sahxtan said:

Just got a 6700k for 3DS Max and Vray and I was looking to get a budget GPU, Will a 750Ti bottleneck 6700k?

So you haven't bought the GPU yet I assume?

Don't get 750Ti...

You can do better.

Any set budget?

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

no dont get that get a 6600K and a RX 470 or something, will make your life better if you dont happen to already have the 6700K in which case still dont get the 750TI because it dosent hold up in recent games anymore

*edit*

yes, the 750TI will be a huge bottleneck in this system

He already have it and he need the extra thread for his usage.

1 minute ago, Ichi said:

Don't get 750Ti...

You can do better.

Any set budget?

k didnt read the post right, thanks for the info, anyway what the budget because a 750TI is a pretty bad GPU tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Ichi said:

Don't get 750Ti...

You can do better.

Any set budget?

I was looking at a 750Ti or 950. I work with Vray Adv which is CPU Based, so not looking to spend too much on a gpu.

Here in my country the prices are a bit weird. Budget 200$

I don't know the workload of 3DS Max and Vray. I know that inventor autodesk is a single threaded application and I don't think it requires much GPU horse power, but it all depends on the program. I'd look into what it is using on your current computer and build accordingly.

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

The 750 Ti will bottleneck the 6700k lol 

for video editing and rendering stuff?

8 minutes ago, sahxtan said:

Just got a 6700k for 3DS Max and Vray and I was looking to get a budget GPU, Will a 6700k bottleneck 750Ti?

If you want to game on it, the 750ti with a 6700k is same as putting an 80km/h speed limiter on a Bugatti veyron. 

If you could afford to get a 6700k and want to game on this pc, at least get it a gtx 960/R9 380. Can get them for dirt cheap these days.

Just now, sahxtan said:

I was looking at a 750Ti or 950. I work with Vray Adv which is CPU Based, so not looking to spend too much on a gpu.

Here in my country the prices are a bit weird. Budget 200$

Are you open to AMD choices?

If yes, then check the price for RX 470 or RX 480.

If it's only Nvidia, then look for the cheapest GTX 970 that you can find?

1 minute ago, Andrew Sh said:

If you want to game on it, the 750ti with a 6700k is same as putting an 80km/h speed limiter on a Bugatti veyron. 

If you could afford to get a 6700k and want to game on this pc, at least get it a gtx 960/R9 380. Can get them for dirt cheap these days.

960 is 300$ here :(

Just now, sahxtan said:

960 is 300$ here :(

The heck, which currency we're talking about here?

Pretty sure it's not USD.

4 minutes ago, sahxtan said:

No,for gaming yes,rendering is different than gaming,if you want to render i suggest a more powerful GPU with more CUDA cores as that can help allot,if you can tell us your budget and currency and sites you use to purchase 

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know the workload of 3DS Max and Vray. I know that inventor autodesk is a single threaded application and I don't think it requires much GPU horse power, but it all depends on the program. I'd look into what it is using on your current computer and build accordingly.

Currently using a macbook pro early 2011 with 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory and 16GB Ram :D

I'm a Architectural visualizer, Max and Vray runs fine on current setup(MBP) for small projects but for large ones, it's a bit slow and render times are a pain in the ass. Hence, I bought the 6700k and also, my renderer is CPU based, so needed a powerful CPU.

8 minutes ago, Ichi said:

The heck, which currency we're talking about here?

Pretty sure it's not USD.

Indian rupee to USD

Source: XE

1 minute ago, sahxtan said:

India

Source: XE

Can I have any website I can look at the price for in India?

11 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

No,for gaming yes,rendering is different than gaming,if you want to render i suggest a more powerful GPU with more CUDA cores as that can help allot,if you can tell us your budget and currency and sites you use to purchase 

I was also looking at the 960 but it's double the price of a 750Ti, Is that worth?

19 minutes ago, sahxtan said:

Only if the 750 Ti is actually being used in your editing and rendering workflow. It's definitely not the card to get if you need GPU compute, but it sounds like you probably don't.

The term "bottleneck" is a very loaded term and it's misleading here. They mean the 750 Ti will be the slowest part of your gaming performance, thus it will determine your framerate in most games. It's actually normal and ideal for a video card to be the bottleneck, as long as it's capable of satisfactory performance.

1 minute ago, Ichi said:

I heard that it's better if you get it from a store there instead of online?

Coz man, those prices are total rip off.

The store where I got my 6700k from quoted the same price :(

Just now, sahxtan said:

I was also looking at the 960 but it's double the price of a 750Ti, Is that worth?

At this point, I would say if you're not gaming at all or do any GPU based stuffs, just get the cheapest that you can get.

1 minute ago, Wikiforce said:

If you near Delhi, you can get GTX 960 4GB for 15-16k at Nehru Place. Also, Prices on local stores are generally much better than online. TBH, GPUs on Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon etc. are ridiculously overpriced while other component's price is still acceptable online.

You from Delhi, I just asked a store in NP they told me 18k for 9604GB

1 minute ago, Ichi said:

At this point, I would say if you're not gaming at all or do any GPU based stuffs, just get the cheapest that you can get.

I only play Battlefield 4 twice a week or so.

I work on a MBP right now with Intel HD 3000 with 384MB and it runs fine, Max and Vray not Battlefield. Talked to a lot of people regarding this and they said to get a powerful CPU and a decent GPU.