HP Proliant DL360 G5 video output issues

The other day I bought a DL360 G5 server, so I could finally host some game servers and experiment with other features a home server can offer.

Now I'm sitting here with a problem, the machine turns on, the fans go to full 100% speed and then turn down, which means it does some posting at least.

My monitor, connected through VGA, however says it's an invalid input signal and refuses to show me anything. Is there any way I can see what the machine is doing?

The monitor works, it does run on my other comuter

The server does some sort of posting, because else the fans would get stuck at 100%

The server gives 2 "beep" codes after ~1 minute, 1 long and 2 short and then 2 short.

If any more info is needed, feel free to ask me.

I have already tried switching system switches 2 and 5 on, to force default settings and not requiring a password.

All your help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I put new thermal paste on the CPU and now I'm only stuck with 1 beep code, 2 short beeps, which could even be explained by the lack of a DVD drive.

I can not enter the iLo for some reason, even after figuring out what the IP would be, I just get a blank page. The monitor does work as I've just tested it on a laptop.

It seems like we have a busted iGPU here, and the previous owner offered to hook me up with a replacement unit. Thanks for all your help!

EDIT2: The grand finale... The server is fine, I just wasted 15$ on gas money to find out that the monitor was the sneaky bad guy... It worked on my laptop, but NOT on the server.

When I took the server back to the original owner his monitor showed a screen, boot sequence and no errors, the 2 mysterious beeps after one minute are not the lack of any components or broken components, it means it has reached the end of the boot sequence. I want to hulk smash this deceiving monitor now, but unfortunately it's my neighbor's, so I'll politely hulk smash him instead.

Just now, BOT_Wally said:

The other day I bought a DL360 G5 server, so I could finally host some game servers and experiment with other features a home server can offer.

Now I'm sitting here with a problem, the machine turns on, the fans go to full 100% speed and then turn down, which means it does some posting at least.

My monitor, connected through VGA, however says it's an invalid input signal and refuses to show me anything. Is there any way I can see what the machine is doing?

The monitor works, it does run on my other comuter

The server does some sort of posting, because else the fans would get stuck at 100%

The server gives 2 "beep" codes after ~1 minute, 1 long and 2 short and then 2 short.

If any more info is needed, feel free to ask me.

I have already tried switching system switches 2 and 5 on, to force default settings and not requiring a password.

All your help is greatly appreciated!

I think it might be dead. All the DL380s I have worked on never beeped, and just outputted to the screen.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

7 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I think it might be dead. All the DL380s I have worked on never beeped, and just outputted to the screen.

What would be dead though? The only thing I know is that on some desktop motherboards a long followed by 2 shorts means "video error" in a very broad way.

According to my info panel everything seems to be working. And I definitely wouldn't get that far in the post if the errors were that severe.

Just now, BOT_Wally said:

What would be dead though? The only thing I know is that on some desktop motherboards a long followed by 2 shorts means "video error" in a very broad way.

According to my info panel everything seems to be working. And I definitely wouldn't get that far in the post if the errors were that severe.

Then the iGPU is probably dead. Buy a compatible GPU. (It should have a PCIe 16x slot), just get something super cheap.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

38 minutes ago, Smite said:

2 things, First here is a list of some beep codes: http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=502439&docId=emr_na-c01702138&docLocale=en_US

secondly have you tried the iLO ? it should work regardless of whats wrong. super rare an IGPU is dead memory is more likely the issue before igpu.

I don't know if the iLo is automatically set up, would you have any idea what the standard iLo IP is? Then I'll gladly try that.

Else I can get a compatible quadro for 5$ right now xD

Edit: I switched out the memory with all 8 independent sticks I have, only plugging 2 in the correct 1A and 3A slots every time, same result. 

It is not a RAM issue for sure (unless miraculously the DIMM slots would be broken...)

1 hour ago, BOT_Wally said:

I don't know if the iLo is automatically set up, would you have any idea what the standard iLo IP is?

I just checked my 380 and the default is dhcp. so w/e your dhcp is handing out. I found several posts around the web saying this would be CPU related. If you have dual try each only individually. again still don't think it is the igpu. 

1 hour ago, Smite said:

I just checked my 380 and the default is dhcp. so w/e your dhcp is handing out. I found several posts around the web saying this would be CPU related. If you have dual try each only individually. again still don't think it is the igpu. 

I actually ordered 2 E5440's the other day, they should be coming in next week, so till then I'll let this rest..

Thank you all for the AMAZING help!

Love you all, no homo