Best GTX 1060(6gb)?

damnit777

Hello everyone.

Which 1060 would y'all Suggest for gaming, video editing and Photoshop?

ROG strix is a bit pricey for me (in India). I'd like to buy one near 25k INR.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

MSI Gaming. by Far the best. It's not hearable under Load, very high Power Target, etc etc. Even ignoring that LEDs, Backplate etc. The Cooling performance is a huge overkill here. 66°C was the highest i saw, even with 28°C roomtemperature, Fan speed <1000 rpm.

Every other comes after.

EVGA SC is a good bang for the buck. Despite it's size, the Cooler is pretty good. stays not that hot, but can be very silent. Like 40 bucks cheaper than the MSI.

Zotac... idk really. The AMP is okay. It should be not really loud (maybe even pretty quiet), but temperatures should be above the MSI.

Palit /Gainward are fine too, but ONLY the Jetstream/Phoenix models. They should be at aruond 1000-1100 rpm, and 72°C~ temperatures or something. A few °C hotter than the MSI Gaming, and like 30% louder (33-34 decibel, instead 30 Decibel~~~).

The cheaper Palit Dual / Gainward Dual are crapshit. They are exactly as loud as the Founder's / Reference model, and exactly as hot. That's very cheap coolers and nothing for silent freaks. I had the Palit Dual here.

So, going from most expensive to cheapest, this would be my recommendation:

- MSI Gaming (X)

- Palit Jetstream / Gainward Phoenix

- EVGA SC (however, i would prefer this, because of 3 years warranty. Palit/Gainward have only 2 Years, and a Very good price.)

Your best bet is the cheapest. They all perform the same honestly in terms of overclocking. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

^ +1 they are all pretty much the same your just buying it for their own style of cooling. The only different ones are if you buy their binned versions

lives on

BAKABT

24 minutes ago, damnit777 said:

Hello everyone.

Which 1060 would y'all Suggest for gaming, video editing and Photoshop?

ROG strix is a bit pricey for me (in India). I'd like to buy one near 25k INR.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

EVGA, MSI or Gigabyte. 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

MSI Gaming X is by far the best according to most reviews, you can wait for more versions though I guess. 

6 hours ago, Darkseth said:

MSI Gaming. by Far the best. It's not hearable under Load, very high Power Target, etc etc. Even ignoring that LEDs, Backplate etc. The Cooling performance is a huge overkill here. 66°C was the highest i saw, even with 28°C roomtemperature, Fan speed <1000 rpm.

Every other comes after.

EVGA SC is a good bang for the buck. Despite it's size, the Cooler is pretty good. stays not that hot, but can be very silent. Like 40 bucks cheaper than the MSI.

Zotac... idk really. The AMP is okay. It should be not really loud (maybe even pretty quiet), but temperatures should be above the MSI.

Palit /Gainward are fine too, but ONLY the Jetstream/Phoenix models. They should be at aruond 1000-1100 rpm, and 72°C~ temperatures or something. A few °C hotter than the MSI Gaming, and like 30% louder (33-34 decibel, instead 30 Decibel~~~).

The cheaper Palit Dual / Gainward Dual are crapshit. They are exactly as loud as the Founder's / Reference model, and exactly as hot. That's very cheap coolers and nothing for silent freaks. I had the Palit Dual here.

- MSI Gaming (X)

- EVGA SC (however, i would prefer this, because of 3 years warranty. Palit/Gainward have only 2 Years, and a Very good price.)

Hey,what's your opinion about Asus cards?asus strix 1060 6 gb and  asus strix 1060 OC 6gb?

14 minutes ago, spysogur said:

Hey,what's your opinion about Asus cards?asus strix 1060 6 gb and  asus strix 1060 OC 6gb?

Hmmm Most tests of the Asus Strix cards weren't really good,. On the 1080 it disappointed (like 80%+ louder than the palit Gamerock).

On the RX 480 it also disappointed, but it was possible to tweak it quite silent.

One Reason is the "Direct Touch" system of the Cooler, instead of a Plate. And only 2,5 - 3 Heatpipes out of 5 in Total have direct Contact with the Chip. Which might make the Cooling solution a bit inefficient.

i've found a Test of the strix: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10540/the-geforce-gtx-1060-founders-edition-asus-strix-review/16

Sadly without the MSI :P

In This Test: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/94714-asus-rog-strix-geforce-gtx-1060-oc/?page=11

there are both tested.

The MSI is a bit quieter, the Strix 2° cooler. But no wonder, 3 Fans are louder than 2 :P The MSI Fans are also bigger.

Guess, both are not the worst choice :P maybe go for the better looking one, or cheaper?

I kinda like the MSI more :o but that's just preference. The MSI Gaming got in every Test the best ratings, so i went with it ^^"

If you like the Asus WAY more, i guess you can take that too :o

On 19/08/2016 at 5:47 PM, Darkseth said:

Every other comes after.

- MSI Gaming (X)

I'm not in a hurry. So would it be wiser to wait for Gigabyte's xtreme gaming or EVGA's SSC? 

look in physical stores they will have little bit cheaper then online if you live in delhi then go to nehru place ..... and if you live mumbai go to lamington road. .... any good store will have little cheaper than online ..... the best could find online is this ..... 

http://mdcomputers.in/graphics-card/gtx10series/msi-graphics-card-pascal-series-gtx-1060-armor-6gb-gddr5-oc-edition.html 

and this 

http://mdcomputers.in/graphics-card/gtx10series/zotac-graphics-card-pascal-series-gtx-1060-6gb-gddr5-amp-edition.html 

and this ( if you want ssd to its zotac 1060 and zotac 240gb sdd combo)

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/zotac-gtx-1060-amp-edition-graphic-card-zotac-240gb-ssd/ 

On 25/08/2016 at 1:18 AM, damnit777 said:

On 25/08/2016 at 1:18 AM, damnit777 said:

I'm not in a hurry. So would it be wiser to wait for Gigabyte's xtreme gaming or EVGA's SSC?