ATX vs Micro ATX Motherboard

Need some help deciding whether to get an ATX with dual graphics card or Micro ATX with just one graphics card. Also what's more efficient for airflow and space?

Depends on your needs and money situation honestly. If you dont demand to have 60fps in 4k gaming, then probably little to no reason to go dual GPU if you can get the single fastest card such as the 1080. The mATX board would be a way for you to save a few bucks opposed to the 2-300$ ATX boards that most people buy. All you would be losing is PCIe slots, which honestly no one probably uses anyways except maybe a NIC card or wireless card anyways. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Micro ATX can also accomodate two graphics cards, though you can't space them out unless you use a PCIE x4 slot on one of them, and even then, it's only one slot worth of space

Though there is no harm in getting two cards, if you are playing demanding games, a single 1080 is already sufficient for anything that's out there right now, unleess for some reason you want 4K.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB