5820k vs. 5960k

14 hours ago, vladonizer said:

Well when its $200 more with pretty much 0 benefits I don't. 

THe 6800K Broadwell-e is also a 28 lane cpu, its just the succesor to the 5820K.

But since the 5820K is significantly cheaper i personaly dont see much reasons to go with a 6800K.

If you want an totaly Msi theme´d build i can totaly understand that.

In terms of feutures the Msi X99 Godlike boards do offer all the feutures you basicly gonne need.

And if you are not a diehard overclocker then the diffrences between a Hybrid ISL solution or a fully digital IR solution, you will most likely not gonne notice.

29 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

THe 6800K Broadwell-e is also a 28 lane cpu, its just the succesor to the 5820K.

But since the 5820K is significantly cheaper i personaly dont see much reasons to go with a 6800K.

If you want an totaly Msi theme´d build i can totaly understand that.

In terms of feutures the Msi X99 Godlike boards do offer all the feutures you basicly gonne need.

And if you are not a diehard overclocker then the diffrences between a Hybrid ISL solution or a fully digital IR solution, you will most likely not gonne notice.

I was thinking about it more yesterday, and I believe I'm gonna get the asus board, since I will be doing a custom loop and EKWB is gonna come out with a mono block for it. and overall it is a better looking and functioning board, so I believe it would be the smarter choice :) 

On August 17, 2016 at 5:51 PM, vladonizer said:

Well when its $200 more with pretty much 0 benefits I don't. 

It's got a better architecture and memory support out of the box, and should overclock just as well as a 5820k. It also has a better heat spreader.

Not worth my $200, but worth considering for you.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

41 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

It's got a better architecture and memory support out of the box, and should overclock just as well as a 5820k. It also has a better heat spreader.

Not worth my $200, but worth considering for you.

Broadwell is the same architecture as Haswell just on a smaller node (14nm vs. 22nm) and both support DDR4 (the main difference is that Broadwell-E has official support for 2400mhz vs. 2133mhz, which is irrelevant since you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to hit at least 2400mhz with Haswell-E). 

Also, based on Toms Hardware's review, Broadwell-E doesn't overclock all that well. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.