Can't get rid of nVidia on-screen framerate counter

Omon_Ra
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

It's in "Open Share" beside "Settings"

*I'm posting this to the GPU sub-forum because it started after updating GeForce Experience/nVidia drivers, if it should be elsewhere move it!*

I have a GTX780 and am running beta versions of GeForce Experience. About a week ago a green framerate counter started showing up in my games and even on my lock screen/login screen as well. I know it's from nVidia, because looking up the nVidia documentation they state a framerate counter as a new feature. Their documentation says to go into ShadowPlay settings and you can disable it; however I have no ShadowPlay settings in my GeForce Experience program. It's slightly annoying, especially when I'm logging back in and it's displaying the framerate of the lock screen. Has anyone else had this 'phantom' framerate counter appear, and if so, how did you remove it? I may just end up uninstalling GeForce Experience and the drivers and not do betas anymore.

uninstall GFE

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

*I'm posting this to the GPU sub-forum because it started after updating GeForce Experience/nVidia drivers, if it should be elsewhere move it!*

I have a GTX780 and am running beta versions of GeForce Experience. About a week ago a green framerate counter started showing up in my games and even on my lock screen/login screen as well. I know it's from nVidia, because looking up the nVidia documentation they state a framerate counter as a new feature. Their documentation says to go into ShadowPlay settings and you can disable it; however I have no ShadowPlay settings in my GeForce Experience program. It's slightly annoying, especially when I'm logging back in and it's displaying the framerate of the lock screen. Has anyone else had this 'phantom' framerate counter appear, and if so, how did you remove it? I may just end up uninstalling GeForce Experience and the drivers and not do betas anymore.

Try using the set key to disable the frame rate counter.

And as mentioned below, if you click on the "Share" icon, navigate to Settings, and then click on Overlay, you'll find it there.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

or do you not have that tab?

The beta has a different interface.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Why the hell would it be in 'share'? But that did it. Fucking a it was pissing me off...thanks!

2 hours ago, mikat said:

or do you not have that tab?

As @Godlygamer23 said, the beta has an updated UI. It used to be easy to find, now it's not as much. Thanks for the help everyone.