Suggest an SSD in the 240+ GB range

Sovek

So my brand new drive looks like its suffered a controller failure. Neither my computer or any other computer will recognize the drive, Something got corrupted or something. So Transcend is junk... good to know. Now, is the Crucial MX300 275GB any good or should I be looking at something like the Samsung 850 EVO? $20 more for 25GB less storage, but it does have 12k reviews on amazon.

Lets not have a repeat of this thank you.

System its going into will be an i5 2500 with the ASUS P8H61 M LE/CSM B3 mATX board.

Get like any 750evo drives. Look around samsung drives get a lot of discounts I got a 500gb 750 evo yesterday for 200nzd which is like nothing...

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

im not the SSD god or anything but the Kingston UV400 240GB SSD was to good of a deal for me to pass up, really cheap and 3 years of warrenty with decent read/wrights and IOPs

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

im not the SSD god or anything but the Kingston UV400 240GB SSD was to good of a deal for me to pass up, really cheap and 3 years of warrenty with decent read/wrights and IOPs

Make sure not to get the v300. Its cheap but horrible.....

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

850 EVO for sure.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I personally love the Intel 730's...

I have two of them in raid 0 both 240gb :)

Pricey though

Shipping sucks

Also a vote for the Samsung 850 evo here.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

The H61 is SATA2 limited, so whether you buy the top end or not doesn't really matter.  Not that it matters a ton, but it'll top out in the 280-290 mb/sec range for sequential.  Random will be unaffected.

6 hours ago, Mark77 said:

The H61 is SATA2 limited, so whether you buy the top end or not doesn't really matter.  Not that it matters a ton, but it'll top out in the 280-290 mb/sec range for sequential.  Random will be unaffected.

Yeah, I've come to the realization that perhaps trying to upgrade an old platform like this is probably a waste of time especially once you hit something like a GTX 1070. I've since then gone back to a 6100 mini-ITX build with possible PCI-E M.2 storage in the future.

But those are really expensive, so gonna get the 850 EVO and go from there.