Your No Man's Sky Experrience

Hi,

I've been waiting for No Man's Sky to be released on PC but......the Steam reviews are in and they are mostly negative because the game is not working, keeps crashing or is very laggy.

So what is your gameplay experience with No Man's Sky? and post your system specs and settings so others can view and compare.

Thanks

NMS.jpg

My experience can be summed up with this-

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Most German Reviews say the Game is bad. They give around ~60%. A repetitive Singleplayer Grinding Simulator with a Fake Universe. No Factions, no Sadnbox Life in the Universe. Funny for one Day. 99% of the Gameplay is Ressourcegrinding and Item Management.

I pass.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Now, i dont have the game and i havent purchased it and i dont know about the required specs for this game (but for 1080p your looking at a 970/980/390/390X at max settings presumably for 60+ fps all time since you speak of so much friggin lagg). Now i saw a video about the game, where he claims it has nothing to do with what was expected. You have to constantly farm for materials, just to be alive on your planet, a bit too realistic for a game without bases, human supplies or allies lol. It should become very fun late, but early game isnt much about exploring, but surviving.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

but for 1080p your looking at a 970/980/390/390X at max settings presumably for 60+ fps all time since you speak of so much friggin lagg

Game still dips, even with stronger GPUs than you listed.

It's just an ass game overall right now. Gameplay is shallow and performance is garbage. Why would anyone pay 60 bucks for that.

144Hz goodness

Just now, ivhyn said:

-snip-

Glad i didnt bought it then lol... im using a 770.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, ivhyn said:

Game still dips, even with stronger GPUs than you listed.

It's just an ass game overall right now. Gameplay is shallow and performance is garbage. Why would anyone pay 60 bucks for that.

This is why I never pre-order, its far too expensive in my opinion for the content it provides (Space-like Minecraft....minus base building and other elements).

30 bucks at best

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I still find it odd that it is only 2.5GB

Because its 99.9% an algorithm.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I still find it odd that it is only 2.5GB

No really?

I pre-ordered it yesterday. Won't be home until tonight. I'm interested in trying it out. I see a lot of bad reviews as well. But i'll judge how the game is within the first 2 hours. I would imagine they would resolve any issues that gamers are having as soon as they can. But from what I understand they are a small shop of developers. So they are probably moving as fast as they can. I'm watching a few twitch streamers and it appears to be running fine.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

14 minutes ago, FPS-Russia said:

No really?

That I'm surprised, or that it is 2.5GB? Well I'll just answer both I guess.

Well I'm surprised due to how most games are much bigger so I expected at least 5GB

And yes it is 2.5GB

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well I'm surprised due to how most games are much bigger so I expected at least 5GB

And yes it is 2.5GB

I thought  60GB.

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

And yes it is 2.5GB

That is the download size (https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/763875660175663108). That is before the installation. On the store page on steam it requires at least 10GB of space. So the game itself is probably much bigger than 2.5GB.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Honestly, I've been running it fine at high details and max frame rate on a gtx 770 and i7 4790k, I initially experienced a bit of lag, but it settled down as I went on.

I'm currently on the starting planet, which it a frozen planet at -67.5C and it's a tricky one to manage, it's not like an elder scrolls game where you can hoard every item you come across, you really do have to make sure you don't run out of space, however it's fortunate that you can constantly send items back to your ship at any point, although your ship will run out of space as well at some point.

I do agree that it is repetitive, and I'm a little annoyed that it's not online or even has an online feature to do local multiplayer with friends, but I'm hoping that that may be added at a later date.

If you don't like grinding, resource farming and micro managing then you'll want to get something else, but if you don't mind taking your time to get going and want something with vibrant, colourful and friendly space travel then this is a good game to get in my opinion. I'll update my views on it when I'm further into the game, but for now it's quite nice to explore in.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It's been working just fine for me, I don't know why everyone else has been having issues. I bought it because I love exploring and it's so much fun to go to different planets and see what's there. I think I'm one of the only people enjoying it lol. I found this really cool planet and put it on youtube, you can watch it here.

I'm struggling with fov.. on my ultra wide even maxed out at 100 isn't enough.. feels like the game is being squashed

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

49 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

It's been working just fine for me, I don't know why everyone else has been having issues. I bought it because I love exploring and it's so much fun to go to different planets and see what's there. I think I'm one of the only people enjoying it lol. I found this really cool planet and put it on youtube, you can watch it here.

Game looks good i am not buy it yet but i will.

1 hour ago, Xizerz said:

Lets see if its still fun tomorrow.

Played 3h of the game with no issues, then went to steam forums and got cancer, aids and ill throw in ebola for good measure.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

For me...I'll start with my list of things I'm going to disregard...As it will hopefully be a matter of time before these are fixed... 

-Bad day one release

-PC crashing/stability issues

-Features promised are not in the game

-Lack of 'implied' multiplayer functionality

Apart from that... which I understand are glaring issues... The game has been advertised heavily as an adventure/exploration game, most everything else about this game are simple mechanics with very little depth. (ie. Space/planetary flight) There are many things to look for, and work towards, like a better ship, better weapons, or specific trading you would like to do to gain units from. 

I would ignore the steam reviews...and honestly most day one reviews... because if it's a bad day one, it's going to be blown out of proportion. If you are that impatient to play, then by all means try it out for an hour, or so, and make your decision to refund then. 

Personally IMO any of the proffesional reviewers are having an unfortunate case of procedural bad luck (the irony) with a string of bad planets, or uninteresting animals. It was stated that at least 1 out of every 5 planets were going to most likely be 'exciting' ,and/or 'lush'. So, I feel the reviews are being rushed without taking into account that this game is so massive, and the time to consume the full wealth of content it has to offer. That's just my take on it though, I think assumptions, and high expectations made a lot of people angry, which is on themselves. For the game it was advertised as, it's very enjoyable. 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

27 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Played 3h of the game with no issues, then went to steam forums and got cancer, aids and ill throw in ebola for good measure.

So Chernobyl round 3?

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Lets see if its still fun tomorrow.

lol 8 and a half hours in ad still super exciting