Your No Man's Sky Experrience

I DO NOT recommend buying this game, at least until devs get their shit together and fix their damn game

Downloaded a DRM-free version from GOG in a forum, try to play, only experience heavy stutter in FPS while graphic looks like a 2010 game

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

UPDATE:

It appears that the major stuttering is fixed. I only have microstutters now that for some reason go away when I use an Xbox controller... Mouselook issue maybe?

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Got bored glad I didn't purchase it, also it stutters for no apparent reason 

Wanted to kill NPC but can't do so, made me sad, and frankly I just don't get wtf I should do to have fun

This review about sums up how  feel about the game:

No Man’s Sky is not the intergalactic playground people had hoped it would be; it is more of a nigh infinitely big museum filled with nothing but Jackson Pollock paintings. (0/10)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

So far running the game well. Performance is actually pretty good. Running everything max on 2560x1080 with a 980Ti. I just set my FPS to MAX and V-Sync off and no problems. Runs great. I wonder if most peoples issues revolve around the FPS being locked to 30FPS by default. Even setting it to 60FPS caused me frame drops but soon as I set it to MAX it worked well.

Also check out my Chomp Runner I found! If you love exploring this a game for you. But if you want a story to follow... probably not. This game you make your own journey. But it can turn into finding a Chomp Runner. Or a Flying whale like my brother found. Loving it so far.

Let me know if you have questions.

20160813215508_1.jpg

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Graphics settings dont do anything

FOV cant be change even tho theres a setting for it

game is laggy even tho graphics are meh

Very bad UI desing choice, too consoly even for consoles.

Every planet i visited was pretty much the same with a few differences, every planet has the same stuff, it just might look a bit different and colored

As someone said ""the ocean can be millions of km big but only a few cm deep""

if you want a space game , i recommend getting Elite : Dangerous since its much cheaper and theres more to do , also it has multiplayer.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FOV can be changed. You can force it even higher in the game's INI file. Otherwise the game requires a restart for every graphics setting change, so you won't notice differences unless you completely restart. Even for resolution. Very annoying.

As for the game... I hate it. There's just absolutely nothing to do. Even if you find yourself on an interesting looking planet, there's nothing different to do there than the last planet you were on. The combat sucks and feels like an afterthought rather than something fun. The survival elements seem tacked on to keep you constantly mining stuff so you can keep refilling your life support (ugh). 

I don't know why I bought it. I guess because all my friends bought it and were talking about it so I had to check it out for myself. I wish I didn't.

On 14. 8. 2016 at 7:10 AM, jim2point0 said:

FOV can be changed. You can force it even higher in the game's INI file. Otherwise the game requires a restart for every graphics setting change, so you won't notice differences unless you completely restart. Even for resolution. Very annoying.

As for the game... I hate it. There's just absolutely nothing to do. Even if you find yourself on an interesting looking planet, there's nothing different to do there than the last planet you were on. The combat sucks and feels like an afterthought rather than something fun. The survival elements seem tacked on to keep you constantly mining stuff so you can keep refilling your life support (ugh). 

I don't know why I bought it. I guess because all my friends bought it and were talking about it so I had to check it out for myself. I wish I didn't.

well my game is blurry even on max everything, and in the graphics settings file fov is 100

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 hours ago, sgtcool said:

On 14. 8. 2016 at 7:10 AM, jim2point0 said:

I found it out, if you put FOV 200 in the config files, the FOV is 100, so i set it to 160 . and 100 is 50 im guessing

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am 12 hours in and still really enjoying it. I have Elite Dangerous and got bored of that game but with No Man's Sky I love the seamless transition between space and landing on a planet. Then exploring that planet, then seeing another interesting looking planet in the sky and seamlessly flying to that one. 

I can see how some people are getting bored by this game however for me it's a nice chill out game that contrasts well with games that cause me a bit of stress like R6S and CSGO. 

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

19 hours ago, sgtcool said:

well my game is blurry even on max everything, and in the graphics settings file fov is 100

I'm having trouble finding sources for this, but I'm seeing reports that the game has a locked, internal render resolution and just upscales to the resolution you set. That would explain why the game looks so blurry and aliased regardless of your settings. Dark Souls did that too, and it took DSFix to get it to actually render natively at your chosen resolution.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/7/360672383121166985/

Apparently Hello Games has a beta build of the game on Steam that you can opt into. Going off of their claims, it looks like it might improve things a bit on PC. Might be worth trying. I don't own the game myself so I can't say how the beta is. I'll personally be waiting for patches + a sale price on this one.

Is it just me or do the textures of the ground and other world objects look very low-res and simplistic? I'm just going off youtube footage, which of course does degrade the detail. Can anyone clarify this? Are the graphics up to modern day standards or does it just look like a game from 10 years ago with flashy lighting and bright colours?

Friend of mine is very much enjoying the game, but I'm not touching it without at least a 30-40% discount. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@MEC-777

It is somewhat simplistic. If you are looking for awesome graphics and details you are looking in the wrong place with "No Man's Sky". I can provide more screenshots when I get home if you like.

EDIT: Quote messed up.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

17 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Is it just me or do the textures of the ground and other world objects look very low-res and simplistic? I'm just going off youtube footage, which of course does degrade the detail. Can anyone clarify this? Are the graphics up to modern day standards or does it just look like a game from 10 years ago with flashy lighting and bright colours?

Here are some photos from pcgamer that show off how good the game look. http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-photo-diary-my-first-20-hours/

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

38 minutes ago, GonzoPoet said:

Here are some photos from pcgamer that show off how good the game look. http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-photo-diary-my-first-20-hours/

Thanks. Some interesting things he found in the game. :) 

Only problem with that link is I can't make the images bigger to view at full resolution. They've been shrunk. 

Just my quick observation; the ground textures in some of those images looks very poor. Like low res, blurry, low quality. Maybe I'll try searching for some full-res screenshots and see what comes up. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I preordered the game and I do enjoy it as it currently is.

But I CANNOT recommend it at $60 / £40 to others, theres simply not enough content, or well, we could say theres WAAAAAAAAAAY too much empty content with nothing to do and its broken and full of bugs.

You can max everything out on your starter PLANET! (someones already done this - max suit inventory and 48 slot ship and awesome multitool on their starter planet), simply due to how big the planets are and RNG luck, and if not on your starter planet than easily in your starting solar system.

HOWEVER, this game has HUGE potential, as is already being shown with how many community mods there already are in just the first week, and also the first update from the developers (after they waste however much time is needed to fix all the bugs) is going to add base building on planets.

So basically if you havnt bought it yet, wait it out for about 6 months and buy it when it goes on sale.

Also while the vanilla graphics are shit, those have all been fixed via community mods (most are Nvidia only compatible though):

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/957899/sli/nms-mods-for-people-using-sli-980-tis-or-better/

I have*** had the game working with all those graphics mods: 

- DOF blur, Chromatic Aberration, Vingette and Scanlines removers to get rid of all these excessive ridiculous over the top blurring crap that the retarded developers decided to add to 100% ruin their game.

- Internal Resolution Multiplier (the biggest mod) to remove the base games 50% resolution (you get 720p textures at 1080p and so on because again, retarded developers), and also to add DSR natively to the game (I run 2.00 multiplier giving me 5k textures at 1440p base resolution). This is crucial for SLI users because enabling DSR + SLI breaks your FPS (over 60% worse than single GPU from my testing), but SLI works with using this mod. I am*** was getting 60-70 FPS maintained with 2.00 multiplier with SLI, vs 55-60  with single GPU and 2x DSR (so only a little gain from SLI), and 12-31 FPS with DSR + SLI (sad :().

****P.S. Game was working perfectly and beautifully with all those mods, but is now no longer working - getting 'this program has stopped responding / working' error 5-10 seconds after th game loads. I'm reinstalling it and drivers and trying again without any mods / experimental patch afterwards. Broken turd.

Linus is my fetish.

20 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Thanks. Some interesting things he found in the game. :) 

Only problem with that link is I can't make the images bigger to view at full resolution. They've been shrunk. 

Just my quick observation; the ground textures in some of those images looks very poor. Like low res, blurry, low quality. Maybe I'll try searching for some full-res screenshots and see what comes up. 

yes,game looks like upscaled 720 to your display, textures are washed out, cant really see that on those screenshots,

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Nice my game looks so better now, but i get lower fps at 2x 1440p forced

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My game is working again after a reinstall ... but Im getting nowhere close to my previous performance now. Trying a driver reinstall but all my FPS are gone atm.

The game needs a crap tonne of fixes and new content.

Linus is my fetish.

Found out why my FPS were gone, in game AA settings werent actually working before. Now they are, and 4x SSAA + 2.00 resolution multiplier = nope.

Its all fine with FXAA + 2.00 multiplier though.

Linus is my fetish.

Yep the graphics are awesome with all the community mods.

This screenshot isnt as impressive, but I went back to my starter planet to explore it more, and found most of my start systems planets and moons nicely lined up in the sky:

rCieMIb.png

My new wallpaper.

I tested 3.00 multiplier with 1440p before, giving 8k equivalent textures. It actually was mostly playable while walking and flying around with 33-40 FPS, but when using my multitool it dipped to 22 FPS and was too jittery.

1080 SLI would be needed for 8k, but 5k is more than glorious enough. 

Linus is my fetish.

Also check out the screenshots in this article:

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-photo-diary-my-first-20-hours/

The variation and randomness per planet is as good as it was hyped up to be, but it just needs mods to look as good as it should.

Also planets in the same system tend to have similar plants and animals, you need to explore different systems to get more variation.

Theres also 4 different star rarities, identifiable by the star's colour, and each increasing rarity requires more / rarer materials to craft the necessary hyperdrive or fuel to reach it (Im not 100% sure on this as I still havnt left my starting system), but the rarer the star, the higher the chance of lush planets.  

Linus is my fetish.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)